Senior Full Stack Developer
What can you do with us?
We are currently looking for a Senior Fullstack Developer to join our team here at Tyk. You will be working on a highly customizable, multi page application, which is built on top of Golang framework/CMS. You will be responsible for implementing end to end functionalities on both the CMS side as well as on the public/website side. You will have responsibility over code quality, performance, architecture and design choices and will have the opportunity to help us shape the future of our core product going forward. You will be joining an awesome team where communication and collaboration are paramount in how we get things done.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Implementation of end to end functionalities on both the CMS side as well as on the public/website side.
- Work closely with your technical lead to suggest innovations and new capabilities for your product area, building out POCs
- Be a lead advocate for engineering quality - leading adherence to definition of done, improving unit test accuracy, improving test automation, and ensuring the amount of stories coming back from QA are minimised
- Be a process improver - suggesting improvements on how we engineer - policies, process, tooling, standards - and working with your technical lead and our software engineering manager to embed this into our working practices
- Lead and foster a DevOps mindset, always looking for ways to improve our CI/CD pipeline in conjunction with software engineering manager and DevOps resources
- Be comfortable in helping demonstrating our product to internal and external audiences
- Comfortable in a Scrum environment, helping to lead standups on rotation
- Full responsibility over code quality, performance, architecture and design choices
- Participate in code and design reviews, teach and learn from other engineers
- Collaborate across the company to define, design, build, and improve our product
- Help on train and mentor junior developers
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience building applications in Go
- Developed web services with REST APIs
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and technologies such as CI/CD, configuration management, virtual machines or containers, and cloud hosting services such as AWS, etc.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Hands on development experience scaling complex systems
- Passionate about working on and contributing to Open Source
- Like to ask questions, listen and then deliver
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar experience
- Fluent at spoken and written English