Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
We are looking for a Product Designer who cares about educational outcomes and understands how to create delightful experiences for our users. This role will allow you to have autonomy and ownership of our future roadmap, with a focus on new features and integrations. You will be working closely with a dedicated product manager and one of the co-founders who leads up strategy and partnerships (he also was a designer).
- Own all phases of the design process including distilling research, creating information architectures, product ideation, UX/UI design, prototyping, and implementation.
- Collaborate with educators, principals, and IT managers to understand their pain points, which can be solved through future Vivi features.
- Identify and implement feature integrations with EdTech partners.
- Collaborate with the branding team to build out a robust design system, that can be used by other designers and developers.
- Conduct user research, collect feedback, conduct user testing and use available info to understand customer needs, problems and opportunities. Leverage these various types of information to make design decisions.
- Collaborate across product, marketing, sales, and customer success teams to communicate new product features.
- Constantly improve design processes, upgrade tooling or frameworks and learn new technologies when necessary.
- Undertake multiple design projects, prioritize work, and manage deadlines effectively independently.
- 3-5 years of product design experience (UI/UX) at a tech/startup
- Strong portfolio showcasing mobile apps, websites, user journeys, or sorts.
- Ability to ideate, and define a vision for and manage a wide array of design projects.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly explain design decisions and tradeoffs.
- Extraordinary visual and interface design skills.
- Strong background in visual/interaction design, UX/UI, and building design systems.
- Clear understanding and experience with UX principles and workflows.
- Experience conducting user research, identifying themes and insights, and leveraging these to drive design decisions.
- Background building high fidelity prototypes for testing and sharing them with stakeholders.
- A deep understanding of design patterns.
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment to develop concepts that delight customers and deliver business results.
- Knowledge of product design tools like Sketch, Adobe XD or Figma (we use and love Figma).
- Aetna Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- $100/month ClassPass Credits
- Career Coaching through Mento
- Volunteer PTO
- Birthday PTO
- $1,000/year Learning and Development Allowance