We are looking for someone who is passionate about customer service and excited to help people land their dream job. If you want to be team member #11 at a high-growth (100%+ YoY), bootstrapped start-up and to work directly with our founding team, then read on.
IGotAnOffer is a coaching interview platform that helps professionals get a job at top companies like Facebook, Google, McKinsey, BCG, etc. Our coaches are all ex-interviewers with first-hand experience of what it takes to get an offer.
Since getting started, we’ve helped more than 3,500 candidates get a job in consulting, product management, software engineering, etc.
Things you might do
IGotAnOffer is a small, fast-growing company (100%+ YoY growth), so you'll likely get experience on many different projects. You'll be reporting directly to Max
, our Founder / CEO. And you’ll be replacing Jasmin
who is transitioning into a new role at IGotAnOffer.
Here’s what you’ll mainly focus on when getting started. This will evolve as we grow!
- Customer service (50% of your time). You’ll answer candidates and coaches’ questions in customer support everyday (we use HelpScout). You’ll be responsible for maintaining the company’s customer support documentation. You’ll also hire and manage customer support reps for weekend and holiday coverage.
- People operations (25%). You’ll be organizing regular virtual team events such as Gif battles, Articulate, Pictionary, Mario Kart racing, etc. You’ll also lead the organization of in-person retreats for the team to get together.
- Finance operations (25%). You’ll be responsible for paying coaches every month, managing the core team payroll, and filing certain taxes calculated by our accountants. There’s zero finance knowledge required.
You’re an experienced customer service professional interested in broadening your scope into other operations areas (e.g. people, finance, etc.)
- Customer service. Customer service is not a chore, it’s something you enjoy doing. You have high empathy and like helping candidates and coaches achieve their goals. You’ve been a customer service professional for 2+ years.
- Written communication. Writing is something you enjoy doing. From understanding customer problems, to structuring your emails in a positive way and perfecting the flow of your sentences and paragraphs.
- Process improvements. You naturally identify recurring tasks or problems and proactively take steps to simplify or automate their resolution by working with the rest of your team.
- Project management. You are comfortable managing a large number of small tasks (as opposed to one or two large tasks) and make sure that nothing falls off your plate. You proactively communicate the status of your projects with your manager and identify potential roadblocks early on.
Working days and hours
We're looking for someone who's available Monday to Friday. Our team works ~8h per day, but there's an option for a lower number of daily hours for this position (not lower than 6h per day).
Benefits: the whole package
- Location: Remote. Our team is in the US and Europe
- Competitive salary: $40-75k depending on location and experience
- Holidays: 30 days a year, plus bank holidays
- Equity: We believe in our employees sharing in our success
Our interview process is designed to discover if we would enjoy working together and if the role is a good fit for your career. We will be respectful of your time and let you know ASAP if we feel it's not a match.
- Step 1: Submit an application below
- Step 2: 45mins call with Max (CEO)
- Step 3: Take home exercise
- Step 4: 75mins call to discuss take home exercise with Max and Jasmin
- Step 5: You get an offer!
If you have any questions about the role, you should feel free to email us at email@example.com. Otherwise just click the link below to apply for the role.