Crowdcast is the online events platform made for businesses, creators and people at large to bring their communities together. We've experienced massive growth as people all over the world have moved their events online.
Every month, millions of people attend events ranging from Q&As to workshops, live shows, meet-ups, webinars, online concerts, & online summits. Our customers range from big companies like Adobe, IBM, Twilio, & HP to individual creators like MIA, Amanda Palmer, System of a Down & Jacob Collier.
We strongly believe technology should be used to bring people together. We're empowering people to share their ideas at scale, build communities, and make a living in the process.
We are a profitable, remote-first, and long-term-thinking company. You could say we're a zebra
As a Product Designer at Crowdcast, you're a thought-leader in the organization. You are excited to find elegant solutions for complex problems, value being empathetic with a curious mind, and always strive to learn more. You also understand the importance of equitable, accessible, usable, and ethical design.
You know that the little details matter and you are on a mission to create the best possible user experience for all people. You're a hands-on maker that strives for innovation, collaboration, and excellence.
The Product Designer position is an individual contributor role that will report directly to our CEO. You will be responsible for leading the creation of a visually appealing and inclusive user interface for both our web and mobile applications. You are excited to solve the challenge of creating an interactive live video platform that is easy to use and can scale to millions of users.
Success in this role is defined by the quality of the user experience. This includes the impact, accessibility, ease of use, and beauty of the final product.
- Work closely with the product and engineering team to design experiences across web and mobile applications.
- Use modern prototyping tools (Figma, Framer, Principle etc) to create visually appealing interfaces.
- Create design systems and define product information architecture.
- Create wireframes and prototypes that illustrate key product interactions.
- Identify user needs and translate them into product features.
- Advocate for inclusion & accessibility by making sure all backgrounds and identities are included in the design process.
- Ensure brand, visual and interactive cohesion across web and mobile products.
Your skills & experience
- Excellent visual and interaction design skills.
- Track record of designing products across web and mobile apps.
- Familiar with at least one set of modern prototyping tools to make interactive prototypes.
- Demonstrated ability to help a team navigate ambiguity, set vision and strategy for global products.
- Strong ability to apply systems design thinking to complex problems and design through the lens of inclusive design.
- A humble and collaborative attitude where you're always looking to learn and improve.
- Bonus: Background in coding and / or being able to write their own HTML / CSS / React components.
- Bonus: Experience in live streaming/online events or the creator economy.
Benefits & Perks
- A competitive salary with equity
- Healthcare coverage (for U.S team)
- Life insurance (for U.S team)
- We're invested in you and provide reimbursements for health/wellness (e.g. gym memberships), continued education (e.g. online classes), and much more.
- Flexible hours – We're remote-first, you pick when you work
- Annual retreats — Sometimes virtual or physical depending on the state of the world
- Paid maternal/paternal leave
- Un-capped PTO & sick leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Traditional 401K (for U.S team)
We strongly encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply.
Crowdcast is an equal opportunity employer. We value and celebrate how you identify, who you love, the color of your skin, your age (at heart and on paper), the gods you do or don't believe in, and every other belief and characteristic that makes you uniquely YOU. The more inclusive we are, the better we'll be as a team—and the better we'll be able to create an inclusive product for all.