Time zones: LINT (UTC +14)
, TOT (UTC +13)
, CHAST (UTC +12:45)
, LHST (UTC +10:30)
, AEST (UTC +10)
, ACST (UTC +9:30)
, ACWST (UTC +8:45)
, MART (UTC -9:30)
, NUT (UTC -11)
XWP has been engineering a better web to serve the world.
From humble roots in Melbourne, Australia, we’ve grown into a global company with global ambition over the past 15 years. It started just like the web: small and distributed, but with obvious potential. Today, we have created a global community of over 100 XWPeople who engineer solutions for problems at an enterprise scale.
XWP has helped bring WordPress at scale to some of the most trafficked websites and beloved brands in the world. We deliver solutions backed by engineering excellence and a people-centric, service-oriented approach to clients including News Corp Australia, Rolling Stone, Google, Wall Street Journal, and Australian Geographic.
XWP is powered by a remote-working team who is fuelled by a rich company culture, shared core values and a purpose centred around relationships, service, leadership, teamwork, and continually learning and growing.
Our new Director of Sales will work to improve XWP’s market position and help to achieve financial growth. They will use their skills and experience to achieve long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, and close business deals. They will understand web technology and be able to identify how XWP’s capabilities can be used to solve client problems or create opportunities for our clients before they can think of them.
The account executive will be joining a highly productive and collaborative team that works together to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue for XWP whilst creating positive and productive relationships with our clients. To achieve this, this individual will need to find potential new clients, demonstrate value, and create new client relationships that lead to engagement.
Areas of Focus
- Prospect for potential new local and international clients and develop value focused relationships that open the doors to new business opportunities
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors to enhance XWP’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Plan account-specific strategies and offers. Work with the team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
What You’ve Done
- 5+ years of previous experience in strategic Account Executive roles building strong relationships with client decision makers.
- History of selling technology services to large businesses
- Demonstrated achievement of sales targets in previous roles in a B2B environment
- Solid track record of achieving revenue and strategic targets
- Consistent application of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing solutions
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in IT, business, commerce, engineering, or equivalent would be highly regarded
- Comfort working within a global organisation, building relationships, and finding support to get the job done
- Able to accommodate flexible working hours (often early mornings) to suit a global marketplace
- Ability to think on your feet and think creatively- we want someone to join us who is excited by a fast-paced environment that often encourages you to think outside the box
What You’ll Do Here
- Manage a pipeline of qualified leads to build relationships with potential customers
- Educate and guide prospects through the buying process
- Liaise with a variety of audiences (Mid management to C-level)
- Identify and qualify new business opportunities
- Identifying and generating new target prospects via all channels
- Converting target prospects to sales opportunities by exploring and understanding the clients’ needs and challenges
- Positioning the right solution to ensure each client can see the true value and competitive advantage of our services
- Working in collaboration with the team to create compelling proposals
- Negotiating and closing the sales opportunities into long term partnerships
- Possessing a strong understanding of our technology and positioning
- Following the latest industry developments and staying up to date on corporate competitors
What Success Looks Like
- Securing deals with new and existing customers at or above goal
- Strong and productive relationships with customers
- Maintenance and growth of revenue across verticals
- Upholding XWP’s reputation as a high-quality, diligent service provider and partner
Payscale & Benefits
- Trust and support from your colleagues (we look out for each other and work together towards our shared goals and vision)
- The rewards of a highly collaborative culture (we’re a team, not a working group)
- Remote work done right! High levels of schedule flexibility, time to invest in family, caregiving, and interests outside of work
- The chance to play an important part in helping XWP achieve its full potential and make a meaningful difference for our clients, team members, and the open web
- Expected on track earnings of $250K AUD
- Unleash+ allowance of $2,500 per year to enrich your life, and other benefits
XWP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
Are you intrigued?
Apply now (link below) and tell us about yourself, what this role will mean to you, and why you are who we want to work with.
If you are not the one we are looking for, please share this with anyone you know who might be!
Please note that for this position, applicants must reside in, and have the valid legal right to work in Australia.