Developer Relations: Technical Content Specialist
If you're an experienced software engineer who wants to increase your impact by helping other developers learn new skills, improve their careers, and make extra money doing it, then this is the role for you! As our next Technical Content Specialist, you'll be responsible for reviewing writer applications (all our writers are full-time engineers), running our writer relations program, and offering developer relations and marketing advice to our clients (all developer tools companies).
You'll also get to learn about a wide variety of technical topics. You'll work alongside our team of Technical Content Specialists (all current or former software engineers) and our Founder (a former CTO) to learn how to produce high-quality technical content that resonates with engineers.
Sound interesting? Keep reading to learn more!What You'll Be Responsible for:
- Helping recruit and onboard new developers to write for us.
- Researching content ideas that resonate with developers.
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Reviewing writer applications for technical and writing quality as they come in (all our writers are software developers)
- Actively recruiting new engineers to write for us and participating in developer communities to build awareness
- Engaging with communities of software engineers as one of our developer advocates at Draft.dev
- Learning about new software tools and our clients' developer relations goals
- Conducting keyword research around software engineering, data engineering, and devops topics
- Conducting community research in subreddits, Slack groups, and Stack Overflow to ideate topics that resonate with developers
Skills and Experience We're Looking For
Some of these are hard requirements, some are suggestions, and others are just a bonus. If you have at least the minimum required skills, we encourage you to apply!
- (Requirement) Mid-level software engineering skills with full-stack experience across a range of technologies
- (Requirement) Strong English writing and speaking skills
- Knack for organizing ideas and presenting them logically
- Interest in researching and learning new cutting-edge engineering topics
- Willingness to learn the basics of content marketing: keyword research, search engine optimization, and content strategy
- Experience working in a fully-distributed team
- (Nice-to-Have) Previous developer relations or developer marketing experience
- (Nice-to-Have) Search engine optimization and keyword research experience
- 100% flexible hours, location, and (mostly) asynchronous work
- Regular feedback from our team and clients
- Work directly with Draft.dev's founder and our team of Technical Content Specialists
- Help shape the direction of a quickly-growing small business
- Transparent hiring process, pay rate, and company insights
- Hourly contract to start with the opportunity to transition to salary and paid time off in 6-months
- Submit your application.
- Complete a short trial task over email.
- We'll reach out to schedule a brief Zoom interview.
- Top applicants will be asked to complete a 2-4 hour paid trial assignment.
- We'll get back to you with a formal offer or rejection within 2 weeks.