Lead Backend Engineer
Melon Cube Studios
Melon Cube Studios is looking for a Lead Backend Engineer for a highly-anticipated game. We are currently leading the way in GameFi by developing an innovative top-down RPG pixel title, with the game having support from some of the largest and most well known investors in the gaming industry.
As a Lead Backend Engineer, you’ll be joining a team of developers, creatives and game strategists who are passionate about pushing the boundaries in Decentralised Finance and blockchain to develop a one-of-a-kind game. You’ll be able to shape and execute the architecture for a game that is on the edge of current protocols and frameworks, and will gain valuable experience in all aspects of the newly emerging GameFi industry.
Experience and understanding of RPG games are highly desired in this role, as is experience in working in a startup environment.
The salary for this position is between $80,000 to $150,000 a year, depending on experience. You'll also be offered generous equity and this position is a completely remote job.
What We Offer:
- True remote working - work from anywhere in the world
- Fully flexible hours
- A laid-back approach to holidays
- Generous share of team equity
- Work with a passionate team in a cutting-edge industry
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years industry experience
- NoSQL experience
- AWS/Digital Ocean
- Testing frameworks e.g. Jest/Mocha
- Experience with developing low-latency applications
- Experience with managing database and server security
- An excellent problem solver who is able to find simple and efficient solutions to problems
- Proven track record in writing high-quality, fully test-driven code in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work closely with the game and blockchain engineering teams
- Self-starter mindset - able to pick the right skills for the job and learn new tools and languages if need be
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to Have
- Love of video games
- Experience with RPG games
- Experience and understanding of blockchain
To apply to this position, please send a copy of your CV, Github or any relevant projects you have worked with by email.