Float is the world’s leading software for teams to plan their time and, behind it, is a world-class team looking for a Talent Coordinator to join us. From New York to the UK, Canada to South Africa—
our Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Customer Success teams work asynchronously, helping brands such as Airbnb, Buzzfeed, and Ogilvy plan and manage their time better. Float is self-funded, profitable, and growing. If you’re a go-getter, align with our values
, and are looking to join a team that’s passionate about helping others work and live more productively, we want to hear from you. Here are a few tips from our CEO
to make sure your resume stands out from the crowd.
Why We’re Hiring For This Role
We’re working to build Best Work Life Talent processes at Float that are transparent, strategic, and leave a great lasting impression with every candidate.
We believe that the talent journey begins the moment the candidate learns about Float, full-cycle to the day the new team member completes their onboarding. Throughout this process we ensure candidates and new team members feel supported and setup for success.
As our first Talent Coordinator, you will work closely with Linda, our People Ops Manager, to build the best recruitment experience for candidates and onboarding experience for new team members. Our People Ops Manager, Linda, explains the important role you will play within our Operations team. Watch this video.
You will be working with a smart dedicated team from across the globe asynchronously and will be hands-on with building a recognizable recruitment and onboarding process for a fully remote, growing distributed team.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
As a member of our People Ops team, you will play a key role in recruiting, screening and onboarding talent at Float all while creating a standout experience.
Early on you'll jump into:
- Preparing and posting open roles
- Managing our job postings on 3rd party sites
- Sitting in on screening calls with our People Ops Manager
- Communicating with candidates through the hiring pipeline
- Setting up user accounts for our new team members as part of the onboarding process
Once you are a bit more settled, we would expect that you would jump into the following projects with our People Ops Manager:
- Continuously improve our onboarding process to ensure new team members have access to what they need
- Execute on an evergreen recruitment process that focuses on culture-add and value alignment
- Write blog posts about Talent for our Best Work Life blog
- Help to implement People Ops metrics and report on them
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
Your interest in People Ops as a career path and your deep desire to improve team operations and make genuine connections with folks around the world will go a long way in this role.
We’re looking for the following skills and experience:
- Previous full-cycle People Ops or Talent experience within a remote team including direct experience with recruitment, candidate screening and interviews (SaaS team a bonus)
- Deep working knowledge of HRMS and Recruiting software and tools
- Keen attention to detail and ability to multitask in an async autonomous environment
- Solid ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization from Engineers to Directors to CEO and CTO
- An intrinsic motivation to seek feedback and learn new skills to continue to advance in the role
As a fully remote team, we’re looking for someone comfortable with asynchronous communication as the default, which means you have previous remote experience and are comfortable using tools like Slack, Loom, and Asana to communicate as needed. Don’t worry—you will have significant deep work time since we have very few meetings
Why Join Us
We’re a global company with a diverse team of folks from all over the world who share a common belief in living our best work life. That includes a flexible asynchronous policy that allows you to work whenever you work best, minimal meetings, annual team meetups, and perks and benefits that support your personal health and well-being.
Our growing range of perks and benefits include:
- Home office expense budget
- Co-working expense budget
- Health & fitness budget
- Annual team meetup
- Care for your community donation or leave
We understand that you probably want to learn a bit more about us as well, so here are some resources to get a sense of who we are and how we work:
The salary for this role is US $95,000 (Level 2). Here’s a blog post
with more information on how we determine our salaries.
Note: Industry research shows that women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups generally don’t apply to jobs unless they check all the boxes for the role. If you feel strongly that you have what it takes for this role but don’t check 100% of the boxes—that’s okay—we encourage you to apply anyway and highlight what you can bring to the table.
Hiring Process For This Role
You’ll find a lot of useful information about our interview process and what it’s like to join our global team on the Float careers page
. The hiring process for this role looks like this:
- Initial First Meeting: If your application is shortlisted, you will have a 45-minute meeting with Linda, People Ops Manager.
- Team Interview: We take a very collaborative approach to hiring, so you’ll meet with Georgie (Operations Manager) and Glenn, (Float CEO), for a 30-minute interview.
Our hiring process takes an average of 25 days from the first interview to a job offer (based on 2021 data). Linda from People Ops will be in touch each step of the way to ensure that you are well informed and aware of the next step in the process.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we can only contact candidates who have been shortlisted for the role. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of submitting your application, we encourage you to apply for another role in the future.