(WPVIP), the enterprise division of Automattic
, is the world’s leading agile content management platform. We help the world's largest companies (including Facebook, Salesforce, and Disney) create innovative digital experiences with WordPress.
About the Role & Team
Reporting directly to the Chief of Staff, the Executive Assistant provides administrative as well as project support. Our mission is to enable our CEO, and our Executive Leadership Team to do their best work, developing, and refining a system that not only meets, but exceeds expectations. The Executive Assistant is able to take initiative and work independently on projects overseeing a wide variety of activities and demands while maintaining discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters. The ideal candidate is located and/or is motivated to operate with a high level of overlap in the Eastern (US) timezone.As an Executive Assistant to the CEO at WordPress VIP, you'll be responsible for:
- Maintaining all aspects of the CEO’s schedule, with a heavy emphasis on proactive and systematic planning.
- Partner with and provide recommendations to the Chief of staff to advise the CEO of pertinent issues, correspondence, internal and external messages requiring attention, and assist in the delegation and prioritization of tasks.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, travel schedule, and manage related expenses in line with organizational policy.
- Track, review, and draft email correspondence as required. This includes support for producing weekly and monthly updates utilizing material from various parts of the organization.
- Assist the CEO with the preparation of the materials and briefings for meetings, events, and press engagements. This requires interfacing with internal and external teams.
You’re thrilled about this opportunity because you:
- Have 5+ years experience supporting executive-level management in an administrative capacity.
- Are skilled in communicating effectively and concisely, internally and externally, with senior executives, their assistants, and employees across teams. Superior verbal and written communication skills, with experience in the creation and management of executive-level communications.
- Excellent listening skills and emotional intelligence; ability to understand assignments and complete them with little to no follow up.
- Organized but flexible, anticipates change responding efficiently and quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple email inboxes and calendars across workflows.
- High level of integrity; ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Calm, friendly and professional demeanor at all times; diplomatic when saying no.
Bonus points if you:
- Have familiarity with B2B, SaaS, Technology consulting business sectors
90 Day Success Criteria:
- Error free operation of the suite of tools and software (scheduling, travel, communication, expense, etc.).
- Gain basic understanding of 2022 WPVIP Financial Plan and Operating Plan. Be able to articulate top priorities by function.
- Familiarity with CEO’s operating style, schedule, and priorities.
This isn’t your typical work-from-home job — we are a fully-remote company with unlimited paid time off. To see a full list of benefits by country, check out our benefits page
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion
and our Employee Resource Groups