Float is the world’s leading software for teams to plan their time and, behind it, is a world-class team looking for a BusOps Coordinator to join the team. From New York to the UK, Canada to South Africa—
our Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Customer Success teams work asynchronously, helping brands such as Airbnb, Buzzfeed, and Ogilvy plan and manage their time better. Float is self-funded, profitable, and growing. If you’re a go-getter, align with our values
, and are looking to join a team that’s passionate about helping others work and live more productively, we want to hear from you. Here are a few tips from our CEO
to make sure your resume stands out from the crowd.
Why We’re Hiring For This Role
The growing Operations team at Float has an impact across all parts of the business, including attracting, developing, and retaining a world-class team of people.
Our goal is to support our team to live their Best Work Life and we do so by putting time into the details, constantly fine-tuning our processes, and above all else being the custodians of culture at Float.
While being comfortable with numbers is important for this role, we are looking for team members who value employee experience as highly as we do.
You’ll play a key role in the growth of Float, working closely with our Operations Manager, Georgie, to ensure we are supporting the needs of our growing team and making sure they are set up to succeed. You’ll help to build and sharpen our Business Operations processes for our fully remote team all over the world.
As we hire in new states, you’ll manage our sales tax registration and compliance, ensuring we are enabling our team growth while also staying compliant. The Operations team at Float are passionate generalists so we are looking for someone who is comfortable wearing many hats and who can specialize and grow with the team.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
As our first BusOps Coordinator, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Accounts receivable - Track manual payments made by our customers and work closely with our Customer Success team to follow up and support our customers with payment queries via Intercom
- Accounts payable - We use Wise, Chase and Ramp bill pay. You’ll issue virtual credit cards and conduct monthly pay runs.
- Bi-weekly payroll and monthly contractor invoice payments. Ensure our team gets paid.
- Xero - Ensure monthly reconciliation and reporting is completed
- Sales Tax - Manage the setup and monitoring of Sales Tax through Avalara
- Earth Class Mail - Monitor mailbox, deposit checks, and read and action mail
- Team Benefits - Monitor benefits usage for our team and help them to make full use of Perks and benefits available to them
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
Our Operational processes always align with our value of Continuous Improvement and you’ll have the motivation and confidence to identify opportunities and ways we can improve our current processes. We want you to love your work and believe that these skills will allow you to succeed in the role.
- Experience with spreadsheets (Google sheets, specifically) and confident with pulling together numbers and reports that will help us to make informed business decisions.
- Experience running payroll (via PEOs like Rippling) and basic accounting (such as reconciliation in Xero) are must-haves. You have strong knowledge of AP/AR processes and have experience with pay cycles and firm deadlines. The ability to navigate new services will be vital.
- An understanding of the challenges and opportunities that remote working brings and how this impacts the design of BusOps processes. You’ll have a SaaS (or similar) background and will be located in the USA.
- Experience in a scaling org will be highly valued but most of all, we invite any creative thinkers that want to build on their foundational finance skills and make an impact on team culture.
As a fully remote team, we’re looking for someone comfortable with asynchronous communication as the default, which means you have previous remote experience and are comfortable using tools like Slack, Loom, and Asana to communicate as needed (and help others succeed in this working environment too). Don’t worry—you will have significant deep work time since we have very few meetings
Why Join Us
We’re a global company with a diverse team of folks from all over the world who share a common belief in living our best work life. That includes a flexible asynchronous policy that allows you to work whenever you work best, minimal meetings, annual team meetups, and perks and benefits that support your personal health and well-being.
Our growing range of perks and benefits include:
- Home office expense budget
- Co-working expense budget
- Health & fitness budget
- Annual team meetup
- Care for your community donation or leave
We understand that you probably want to learn a bit more about us as well, so here are some resources to get a sense of who we are and how we work:
The salary for this role is US $80,750 (Level 2). Here’s a blog post
with more information on how we determine our salaries.
Note: Industry research shows that women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups generally don’t apply to jobs unless they check all the boxes for the role. If you feel strongly that you have what it takes for this role but don’t check 100% of the boxes—that’s okay—we encourage you to apply anyway and highlight what you can bring to the table.
Hiring Process For This Role
You’ll find a lot of useful information about our interview process and what it’s like to join our global team on the Float careers page
. The hiring process for this role looks like this:
- Initial First Meeting: If your application is shortlisted, you will have a 15-minute meeting with Linda from People Ops. This meeting gives us an opportunity to learn more about your experience and also allows you to ask any questions you have about the role.
- Manager: You’ll meet with Georgie (BusOps Manager) for a 45-minute interview.
- Founder Interview: As the final step in the process, you’ll meet with Glenn, Float’s CEO, for a 30-minute interview.
Our hiring process takes an average of 25 days from the first interview to a job offer (based on 2021 data). Linda from People Ops will be in touch each step of the way to ensure that you are well informed and aware of the next step in the process.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we can only contact candidates who have been shortlisted for the role. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of submitting your application, we encourage you to apply for another role in the future.