Casetext is a fast-growing legal technology company tackling the $6 billion U.S. legal research market and advancing the cause of justice by empowering all attorneys to provide high-quality, efficient, and affordable representation to their clients. Our award winning research platform helps millions of users access and understand the law every month, and our AI-powered search tools are at the cutting edge of search technology. Casetext is a fully remote company backed by Union Square Ventures, Canvas Ventures, 8VC, Y Combinator, Touchdown Ventures, and Build Group.
Casetext is seeking a Senior Product Designer to own the end-to-end design process on a new, impactful product area. Over the past year, we created an MVP that allows users to create their own databases and run searches on those databases using Casetext's AI-assisted search technology. This product has received rave reviews from both our Enterprise and SMB customers. You will own the design and user experience of this product area as we integrate it into our core research tools and scale it across the market.
Our ideal candidate is someone who excels at driving the product design process from user research to rapid prototyping and creating high-fidelity designs. Our ideal candidate is also an exceptional communicator that has released a number of successful products in the past.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will:
- Own the design and user experience of a new product area and drive the design process from conception to release
- Design user flows and experiences that are intuitive, trustworthy, and simple to use for attorneys and legal researchers
- Create sketches, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs to visualize and communicate your ideas
- Test your designs and iterate on them based on user and stakeholder feedback, analytics, and usability testing
- Advocate for our users by leading user research sessions, taking courses on the law and legal research, and sharing your insights company-wide
- Foster a culture of feedback by participating in weekly design reviews with the Product Design team
- Work closely with engineering and product to deliver effective designs quickly
- 3+ years of product design experience in a startup.
- Proven track record of successfully working with engineering and PM to ship features and products.
- An online portfolio with at least 2 detailed case studies of shipped products that you worked on
- Experience applying research, usability tests, and metrics to inform design decisions
- A penchant for sharing designs early and often
- Strong collaboration and self-management skills
- Experience balancing user needs, business goals, and technical considerations
- Proficiency with Figma or Sketch
- Experience working on file management/sharing products (Dropbox, Box ...etc) is preferred but not required
- Experience building design systems is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of responsive design is preferred but not required
*This role is fully remote*
- Competitive compensation in equity and salary
- Exciting and meaningful work with an ambitious and passionate team
- Youll be a leader at a fast-growing start-up, take on a lot of responsibility, and play a substantial role in the future of the company
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance is covered for you, and we cover 50% for spouses and dependents
- 401k plan
- Professional development budget
- Flexible, remote-first work culture
- Generous maternity and paternity leave
- Were a close-knit team of smart, driven people who really enjoy working together
Casetext is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.