Technology Project Manager
70 Faces Media
Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
70 Faces Media is seeking a talented, detail-oriented project manager to oversee website development and technology needs across all 70 Faces Media platforms. In addition to managing the workflow of our external web developers, the project manager will act as a liaison to the editorial, audience, business, finance, and fundraising teams to both anticipate and respond to departments’ technology needs. In addition, this individual will troubleshoot all infrastructure and external facing technology to ensure the optimal continuous functioning of 70 Faces Media platforms. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, a skilled communicator, well versed in project management, tech savvy, and focused on setting and meeting goals. This position reports to the VP of Operations.
- Project Manage all technology and website maintenance projects across all 70 Faces Media platforms to ensure consistent releases of new technology with proper quality checks
- Input and track tickets sent to our external development team for bugs, enhancements, and new features and QA their work
- Own and support a handful of smaller Wordpress sites that are managed internally
- Interface between the 70 Faces Media team and outside vendors (examples: Website Developers and IT Support).
- Translate user stories and bugs into well-defined Project Plans and website developer tickets.
- Communicate project plans, timelines, and requirements into working tasks that are understood and agreed upon by all teams and stakeholders, with goals to complete the desired objectives in a timely manner.
- Have a hands-on approach to technology by occasionally stepping in to code simple html and php pages or emails, fix bugs that do not require support from our external developers, troubleshoot IT items, and experiment with new marketing technology to help the organization meet its goals.
- Oversee multiple project plans with different teams to ensure full scope is obtained, and key website building or other features needed are effectively planned to completion. Multi-tasking is key to success.
- Ensure that any needed training and IT documentation is addressed for post-project production use.
- Partner with Audience Development and Content teams to troubleshoot and optimize functionality and UX of email newsletters. This will often include HTML, drag and drop, and WYSIWYG editing.
- Contribute to the technical direction of the organization in a way that helps achieve the mission.
- Anticipate and protect theinfrastructure of 70 Faces Media and ensure that all sites are up seven days a week and that platforms critical to business operations are always functioning as needed.
- Have a “How do we solve this?” attitude and know when issues need to be escalated so that project timelines are not delayed.
- 3+ years’ experience in website project management
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with project management software like Teamwork, JIRA, Redmine, etc.
- Extensive experience with WordPress
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, and RSS. Experience with PHP is a plus.
- Experience with ad technology, specifically Google Ad Manager (DFP)
- Experience running agile project management systems
- Extensive user testing experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and asking the right questions
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
We Encourage You to Apply:
At 70 Faces Media, we value diversity, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Technology Project Manager” in the subject line.