Remote Creative Operations Manager, WooCommerce
ABOUT THE ROLE:
WooCommerce is looking for an experienced Creative Operations Manager to join our Creative & Communications team.This role is critical to helping us produce extraordinary creative that embiggens the WooCommerce brand and grows the company. You’ll lead the intake and management of all creative projects, from individual announcement emails to major multichannel campaigns. You’ll lead the coordination, resource management and tracking for projects between internal teams and outsourced agencies. You are a herder of cats, a wrangler of feedback, a keeper of timelines.
- Manage creative projects from briefing to completion
- Develop and manage project timelines and estimates
- Own/constantly improve the intake, briefing, and management process for all creative projects, ensuring they’re delivered on brief, on time, and on budget
- Facilitate communication between project owners and creatives, ensuring project briefs are complete before work starts and feedback is understood before revisions are made
- Evaluate project briefs and work with requesters to help guide the strategy and final deliverables for campaigns
- Own resource management for internal and external teams, with a finger on the pulse of in-flight work and available capacity
- Onboard and manage external resources, including agencies and freelancers
- Help decide on the best tools for intake, project tracking and collaboration, then drive cross-team adoption of those tools
- Measure and seek to improve key metrics such as capacity utilization, planned/logged hours, rework time, etc.
- Have demonstrated ability in creative operations/production
- Understand the creative process and love helping creative teams produce their best work
- Truly love getting in the weeds to optimize creative processes
- Are adept at managing stakeholder feedback and communication
- Are exceptionally organized and detail-oriented
- Are comfortable managing multiple timelines and projects at various stages
- Have a good working knowledge of digital marketing concepts, channels, strategies, and related data (including web analytics)
HOW TO APPLY
Sound exciting? Click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, please let us know what you can bring to the team.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion
and our Employee Resource Groups