Remote Senior Platform Engineer (DevOps) REMOTE CANADA
Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AST (UTC -4)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
*Actively seeking a candidate with Windows Admin experience*
Who we are
Cloud and platform engineering consulting services from business-minded experts. We are a group of cloud engineers and architects producing IaaS, PaaS and delivery pipelines that remove the worry from our clients about their infrastructure and let them focus on what matters to them – their products. Clients & industries we work with include: enterprise financial, fintech, medical, public sector, analytics & reporting, data services, Silicon Valley startups.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for Senior Platform Engineers (DevOps) to join our quickly growing team -- people with the technical ability and experience to lead solution execution for various client-facing projects.
To work with us as a Senior Platform Engineer, we would expect you to have:
- 3-5 years in a sysadmin, platform engineering, or site reliability engineering role.
- Extensive practical experience working with one or more cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience supporting medium environments (~100 VMs or services, complex network topologies, hybrid or multiple cloud providers, high availability, self-healing systems).
- Experience creating CI/CD pipelines from scratch.
- Excellent system administration experience for Linux or Windows.
- A focus on problem-solving and owning your creative solutions vs. executing tasks.
- Extensive experience with multiple IaC and configuration management tools (Terraform, Terragrunt, Pulumi, Ansible, CloudFormation, Azure Devops, etc.)
- 1-4 years of experience working with containers and orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Nomad.
- 2-4 years scripting experience with Bash and/or Python.
- A great understanding of git, git flow, and pull requests and the ability to assist others with best practices of version control, as well as understanding concepts such as gitops and how they relate to delivery.
- A thorough knowledge of networking (vnets, vlans, DNS, firewalls, load balancing, routing, high availability, security, design best practices).
- Experience with RDBMS, NoSQL, Graph or Time Series database systems.
- Deep knowledge of 12-factor applications, the accompanying infrastructure, and best practices.
- The ability to work with clients on building out the vision for their tech use cases often with non-technical people.
The type of work you’ll be doing as a Senior Platform Engineer will be:
- Designing new systems complete with any necessary diagrams and analysis of recommended technologies.
- Iterating on established infrastructure and platforms, and creating new infrastructure from the ground up.
- Analyzing and reporting on root causes of issues and designing solutions to address them.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation for your client projects.
- Code reviewing others’ work via pull requests.
- Script writing in Bash or Python.
- Reading and reporting on logs, server monitoring and metrics, and proactively lead action to resolve any issues.
- Knowledge sharing with both Junior, Mid-Level and Senior Engineers.
- Executing architecture plans, and providing feedback on timing, problem areas, security and more.
- Interacting directly with your clients in their environment (VPN, special client hardware, Slack/Teams/WebEx).
- Designing, detailing and managing tasks for others on the team.
- Meeting with the clients regularly to provide technical guidance and build out solutions for technical asks.
The ideal candidates should be eager to be challenged, comfortable working independently, and excited to be a problem solver. You should have the confidence and technical acumen to hit the ground running on client projects and lead the charge on solutions. Our Senior Platform Engineer positions are all client-facing, so great communication skills are essential.
Why work with us?
Based out of the USA, we are actively building out our remote Canadian engineering team! You will have access to the following perks/benefits in addition to a competitive salary:
- 100% remote, will always be remote.
- 20 days paid vacation, 3 paid floating holidays, paid home province stat holidays, 15 days paid sick and personal leave.
- Top-tier extended health insurance and a Health Spending Account.
- RRSP with dollar-for-dollar match up to 4% of your salary.
- Additional training and certificates encouraged and paid for by us.
- Opportunity for career progression and growth with the company and input in shaping the culture and structure.
What’s the process?
100% remote hiring and onboarding, usually 2-3 weeks between phone screen & offer:
- Phone screen with Vanessa our Business Operations Manager (15-30 mins)
- Technical interview with one of our Senior Engineers (1hr) (no whiteboard coding)
- Panel interview with Vanessa, two Senior Engineers, and David our CTO/Co-Founder (1-2 rounds, 1-2hrs)
*Due to the number of applicants, I am unfortunately not able to respond to everyone directly*SALARY: Starting at $125,000 CAD