Remote Senior Backend (Ruby on Rails) Developer
This is a chance to be part of the engineering team of a startup that is disrupting the real estate industry and the way people work. A fast-growing and highly skilled team that is building a great PropTech business, which is digitizing and redefining commercial real estate processes and occupier experience.
spaceOS is the most advanced operating system for the next generation of safe, flexible, and human-centric workspaces. The future of work is the future of worker choice and well-being.
You will be part of our diverse engineering backend team and you will be working on the APIs which form the core of our platform. You will be expected to be able drive development on parts of code base by themselves and further work on scaling the solution on AWS and its security.
You will be responsible for engineering and implementing code in a way that a Continuous Delivery system can take advantage of. Later on, there will be opportunities to dabble in and drive forward Artificial Intelligence powered features.Requirements:
- General technical excellence - understanding of how things work and able to work independently
- Excellent knowledge of Ruby on Rails plus at least one other scripting language, preferably Python.
- Very good knowledge of AWS (or any other cloud) and how to scale deployments on the cloud
- Fundamental knowledge of UNIX or Linux and software security for UNIX server
- Knows Postgres, Active record and how to build a scalable Ruby on Rails deployment
- Experience and successful track record of building features from scratch
- Good knowledge in database hosting
- Familiar with configuration management tools
- Knowledge of distributed computing systems
- Very familiar with containerization and blue/green deployment
- Experience in team management or leading a team is an asset
- Fluent in English, Polish is an asset but not a necessity
- Communication skills
- A key role in a high-growth, freshly funded, ambitious proptech startup
- An experienced and international founder team
- An opportunity to work with a groundbreaking and disruptive new technology
- Positioned in the biggest asset class in the world
- Full ownership and freedom to drive and innovate
- A team of talented and motivated individuals looking to change how real estate works
- Flexibility to work from wherever it is best for you
- Modern and comfortable workspace on-demand within the London, Dublin, Berlin, and Warsaw space-as-a-service ecosystem
- A competitive salary package and optional compensation packages based on success