Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
You should really read this same description via the 'Apply for this position' button, where you'll find it formatted as intended. But… here we go!LOCATION: Remote (ideally local to San Diego but open to candidates elsewhere)
TYPE: Full-time W2 employee
$60,000—$100,000 salary (depending on experience) + $12,000 value training
provided within the first year + $10,000 bump in year 2, once you show training mastery at Senior PM level + $8000 (estimated) in benefits annually
💡 We work with LouderThanTen
to support project management at Cozy, including consultation on this hire, training, and ongoing support.
Why you’ll (probably) love this job
📚 Variety You’ll be involved with dozens of projects for a variety of clients in a range of industries, giving you exposure to myriad businesses and the people who run them.
🪴 Growth You’ll work alongside another project manager, with generous funding & attention paid to ongoing training. We’ll learn together, from inside and outside the org.
🙌 People We work hard to recruit & retain team members who are thoughtful, proactive, empathetic, and kind. This goes for the clients we choose to work with as well. You will love the people you work with.
💥 Impact As a member of a small team, you’ll have an outsized opportunity to have your voice heard and to impact the trajectory of the projects you work on, the companies we work for, and Cozy itself.
We’re an award-winning digital design shop based in South Park, San Diego. We build our user experience (UX) expertise into all aspects of digital design (UX & UI design, copywriting) and marketing (SEO, paid media, strategy, etc.)
We alleviate the anxiety our clients feel from being great at something but not having the in-house capability to look as good as they are. We’re not here to break new ground in the field of design or win trophies or blow minds. We instead use our talents to help the world feel just a bit more satisfied. More effective. More in control.
No one should worry because they don’t “know computers”(or “the internet” or “design” or “marketing”): if Sally sells the best seashells, she should sell the most seashells and she should stay focused on seashells. The world is not made better by having Sally learn computers. Blech.
Our clients are good at whatever they’re good at, but they’re stressed because they can’t do what we can (and btw, we can’t do what they can). The look on their faces when we remove that worry is everything. And the look on a work friend’s face when they power up… ooh that’s the stuff.
Benefits of being Cozy
Our benefits package is thoughtfully designed to support our goal: that everyone who works here thinks “I’m happy to be here”.
We try to take care of people professionally and personally, because otherwise we can just go work for some nasty, typical company.
We’re small yet, and the list of benefits will grow with us, but already includes:
- Unlimited PTO
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Charity matching
- Flexible hours
- Annual equipment and education stipends
- Book club
- Personal subscriptions
About the role
You see the big picture. You dominate the details.🗣 Real talk: one of Cozy’s strengths is assembling a squad of expert partners and delivering uncomplicated, stress-relieving excellence. That means a big part of our job is proactively coordinating everyone, communicating with our client, and ensuring everyone knows “we’ve got this”. We never forget that we’re in a service industry.
That is all to say: this role is vital to the DNA of Cozy.~~~~~~~
Responsible for managing the delivery of digital projects big and small, you’ll play a central role in ensuring everything runs smoothly from contact to launch.
You’ll use your expert communication skills to instruct and coordinate the team(s), establishing clarity and understanding to complete work on time and within budget. You’ll work closely with clients, putting in the effort to understand their needs and goals, pitching and presenting ideas, and facilitating discussions to ensure tip-top results that feel good for all parties.Making the most of your digital background and knowledge of the relevant platforms, you’ll hold your own in technical conversations, identifying blockers and solutions as they arise to ensure the short and long-term success of projects.
As much as possible, you will reduce stress for everyone involved in your projects. You’re a team defender, a client champion, and a superb listener.
- Plan, run, prioritize, and support the launch of valuable and profitable projects/products
- Adeptly forecast project revenue, potential risks, and resources needed
- Play an active role scheduling and leading all stakeholder meetings including kickoff
- Support the development of the product vision while scoping, managing, and prioritizing requirements
- Work with the team to build the product roadmap and strategy
- Assess the efficacy of business models on products you manage
- Collaborate on building smart, empathetic, effective internal processes
- Plan projects to ensure that they are completed within defined time and budget
- Monitor progress of projects to ensure they meet targets and client expectations
- Ensure all stakeholders have a clear view of activities, milestones, costs, and risks at all times
- Check in with teammates to ensure they are not over-scheduled on project tasks and have everything they need to work effectively and efficiently
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with teammates on project resourcing, progress, and challenges
- Provide regular status updates during standups
- Proactively work to reduce and manage risk on projects
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects, including:
- Allocate appropriate resources
- Take great notes and effectively track action items
- Review and update project schedule
- Plan and manage project timelines and budgets
- Supervise and review work done by the project team
- Maintain project documentation (as little as the team/client requires)
- Ensure smooth onboarding and offboarding processes with stakeholders
- Establish and support positive work and stakeholder relationships
- Provide estimation and planning support for sales
- Facilitate presentation of milestones/deliverables to the client
- Interact closely with leaders and clients on any issues or questions that arise day to day
- Sense and get ahead of problems before they metastasize
- 3+ years digital project management experience
- Familiar with Lean, Agile, Waterfall and hybrid approaches and methodologies
- Understanding of latest technology, principles, and approaches: lean PM, responsive design, rapid prototyping, digital style guides, content with design approach, UX design, people centered design, design thinking, accessibility
- Clear understanding of other teammates’ roles: research, content, design, development, QA testing, data collection, social media
- Ability to successfully scope and estimate digital products (both apps and websites)
- Comfortable setting clear boundaries, liaising and negotiating with the team, executive decision makers, contractors, vendors, and clients
- Clear focus on people and communication (budgets and process fall in line when your PMs know how to handle people)
- Experienced with various apps and tools
- Personal qualities: thoughtful, proactive, empathetic, kind, leadership, great sense of humor, excellent communication skills, emotionally intelligent, empathetic, masterful expectation management, great attention to detail, fantastic negotiation skills, process adaptable, organized, willingness to learn new things
On diversity & inclusivity
If we intend to deliver on our singular core value — empathy — we need to be experts at putting ourselves in our clients’ shoes. By drawing from a wide range of backgrounds, we have a superpowered shortcut to unlock this ability. A diverse, inclusive, open-minded Cozy team isn’t just morally imperative; it’s good business.
We are that team of committed individuals who demonstrate deep empathy and genuine curiosity. We value varied lived experiences, perspectives, backgrounds, and the different ways we all think, process, and present. We’re the kind of team that sees the person on the other side of the table and finds the ways we can improve their lives — even with something as dull as a wireframe.
⚖️ Cozy Design, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
You don’t have to be a 100% match for everything listed above. We hire for capacity as well as capability.
Ready? This ain't your gramma's application process… start here.