Remote QA Technical Lead in video/ live streaming
QA Technical Lead
Are you a Lead QA Engineer looking to grow your breadth and depth of skills?
We are a well established software QA testing firm (active since 2009) with clients mostly in North America and some in the UK and Europe as well. It's time for us to grow again.
You know what works in QA engineering. You know the tools and the processes that are best applied to a situation, and which ones are more troublesome. You know particularly well the domains that you have spent years learning about, and in the case of this role one of those domains is video streaming/ live streaming, ideally with Open Broadcaster Studio (OBS) experience.
You appreciate hands off management and being allowed to simply do your job, because you love what you do - digging into a piece of software, finding its weak spots, and exposing them. You are equally at home coding an automated solution as you are probing vulnerabilities by hand. You know how to discuss your findings to the greater team, discuss details with developers, and handle client interactions - the practical aspects of tracking KPIs and establishing status is second nature which you can do in your sleep. People wonder how you manage it all! Amazing!!
If this sounds like you, and you would like to explore this further, we would love to hear from you.
- Software quality assurance expertise including manual, automated, and performance testing.
- Ability to lead the QA effort and work independently.
- Expertise in video streaming technologies, ideally OBS configurations and streaming to various platforms.
- Skilled at interfacing and reporting directly to clients/ stakeholders.
- This immediate opening is a short term (2-4mo), fully remote, contract role.
- To be clear: both onshore and offshore engineers are welcome to apply.
- Assuming project success, option for full time benefits (onshore engineers only).
- Ongoing placement and job opportunities in our many projects.
- Joining the OnPath team means working side by side with experts in your field, enjoying the company of your peers, with ample opportunity to learn and grow your skills.