Remote Founding Engineer - Frontend Lead
Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
A massive shift is taking place within SaaS. Just as perpetual licensing gave way to subscription, subscription is giving way to usage-based pricing. But tying revenue to usage fundamentally changes how every part of the business operates, from billing teams to the C-suite. Turnstile is the modern stack to help companies adopt and scale with usage-based pricing.
We're a small, fully remote, and proven team with strong backing from First Round Capital, prominent usage-based founders and operators, and other top investors. The last company we started, Second Measure, scaled to 70+ people and tens of millions in revenue, received multiple 'best places to work' awards, and was ultimately acquired by Bloomberg in a landmark deal.
As a founding engineer, you'll be an integral part of our early team. You'll help lay the technical foundation of our product as we work toward MVP and product-market fit. You'll put into place engineering practices that support a culture of collaboration, authenticity, and excellence. More than that, you'll join a tight-knit team of repeat founders and seasoned operators in shaping the future of SaaS.
Joining as a frontend lead, you'll own the user interface of a comprehensive, web-based platform for usage-based SaaS operators and their customers. You’ll architect our frontend systems; define our frontend stack, development practices, and standards; and lead our frontend team. You’ll work closely with design and product management to deliver a consumer-grade experience to business users for one of their most operationally critical systems.
In this role, we'll ask you to:
- Partner with technical founders, design, and product management to create a category-defining product
- Design and build our frontend systems from the ground up using modern tools and patterns
- Define best-in-class frontend engineering standards and practices
- Collaborate with the backend team to iterate quickly and deliver a delightful user experience
- Help mentor a diverse and distributed team of frontend engineers
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a history of building elegant, performant, and maintainable frontend systems
- You have prior experience as a team or technical lead
- You have deep expertise in React
- You're interested in working with a modern tech stack using things like Typescript, Next.js, and Tailwind
- You're excited to build a product from the ground up with an experienced team
- You'd enjoy working in a dynamic and high-trust environment
- You have empathy for your customers, whether they be internal or external
- You believe how you achieve a result is just as important as the result itself
Working at Turnstile
- Competitive and Fair Pay: Equal pay by role and level at 75th percentile of SF salaries with meaningful equity
- Fully Remote: Distributed by design with team members from San Francisco to Raleigh
- 4-Day Core Schedule: Fridays are yours — for whatever helps you live a rich and balanced life
- Fully Covered Health Benefits: 100% paid medical, mental health, dental, and vision premiums for you and your family
- Paid Parental Leave: 16 weeks for birthing parent, 12 weeks for all other parents welcoming a new child into their home
- 401(k): With 4% company contribution, regardless of what you put in
- Flexible PTO: Take the time you need to unplug and unwind
- Setup: New Mac + $1,500 annual stipend to make your home workspace more comfortable and productive
Turnstile is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We learn from perspectives that are different from our own and are committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all our employees.