Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
At TriumphPay, we are building the transportation payments network for the future. We are the largest payer in transportation with more than $24 billion in annualized payments. Our customers use our products to solve real world problems and operate in our software all day every day. This is both exciting and an incredible responsibility.
We are hiring our first engineering manager to join our team of 35+ engineers. While we have managers in place now, they operate in a dual technical/management role. You would be the first person to be a full time manager, managing 10-15 people in a specific area. You will work closely with the leaders of multiple 3-5 person teams. You will help with both their technical as well as their career development. We are a fully remote engineering organization that believes strongly in work life balance and strong boundaries. We care about our environment because we know that we do our best work when we are happy and feel valued.
A Day In The Life:
You will likely start the day with quick check-ins with your teams. That might lead to coaching one of the more junior members. After a few 1:1s with your people, you lead a book club that you are organizing. You follow that up with a session of pairing with our most recent hire. Since you’re going to be the first full-time manager, we hope you will be excited to help us define the role.
Our tech stack is a mixture of Ruby (with Sorbet in places), Elm, C# and TypeScript. We use CI and deploy to our autoscaling Kuberetes cluster with a single click multiple times per day. We're also using Rails, Sorbet, React, Postgresql, Redis, Docker, and more. Additionally, we have a strong interest in functional programming languages like Haskell, OCaml, and Elixir. While these are the tools we're currently using, you don't need to have previous experience with all of them. We know that good developers are capable of quickly picking up new languages and tools.
To succeed in this role, you should be:
- Curious. You aren't content with the status quo and know that we can always improve.
- Collaborative. You can work with others to improve a solution.
- Organized. With 10-15 people reporting to you, you have a lot to keep track of.
- Empathetic. You know that things get done because of relationships, and work to maintain them.
- A strong communicator. You will proactively communicate issues and trade-offs with team members to support alignment and fast decision making.
Bonus points for:
- Leading an engineering team or running a consulting company.
- Experience with functional languages like Elm, Haskell, OCaml, or Elixir.
- Previous Logistics experience.
This job offers a salary of $200k to $250k along with an equity grant.
TriumphPay is a division of TBK Bank, SSB, Member of FDIC and Equal Housing Lender, and a member of the Triumph Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: TBK) group. Triumph Bancorp is a financial holding company with a diversified line of community banking, national lending, and commercial finance products.