Remote Global Director of Product
is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis. Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in over 188 countries. 350.org
works hard to organize in a new way—everywhere at once, using online tools to facilitate strategic offline action. We want to be a laboratory for the best ways to strengthen the climate movement and catalyze transformation around the world.
350.org is an equal opportunity employer and we do our best to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, regardless of race, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, assigned gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion or creed, veteran status, marital or parental status, and genetic information.
About the Global Director of Product role:
We are looking for a visionary Global Director of Product who will own and drive the team’s overarching Product strategy. We work with a broad tool stack and, as Product Director, you would balance many competing priorities and ensure that the team is set up to effectively identify and act on evolving needs with the most creative and strategic use of available resources. Working with 12 dedicated staff, you will shape our technology offering to the climate justice movement.
Product Strategy & alignment
- Own the Product Strategy, vision and roadmap, and ensure alignment with the organisation’s broad goals and objectives.
- Work with the Product team leads to weigh up strategic priorities and how they will work together to advance the mission.
- Help develop and champion strategic priorities and drive cross-organisational collaboration around various engagement themes.
Management & leadership● Coordinate team-wide spaces and calls, nurturing collaboration, learning, experimentation and product thinking.● Develop team-wide ways of working and tactical approaches to collaboration and priority-setting.● Mentor and coach team members and support their skills development.● Allocate budgetary and staff resources to meet the needs of the team and the organisation.
- At least 10 years experience in building technology or leading others to build technology, at least some of which was in a campaigning or organising context.
- At least 3 years experience as a senior leader/manager in the realms of technology, product or data.
- Experience with product strategy development and data-informed decision-making.
- Adept and experienced in working cross-culturally and internationally.
- Experience working in the global south or with global south campaigners and organisers.
- Familiarity with the campaigning style and theory of change of 350.org or similar organisations.
- Professional-level fluency in English.
Desired (but not required) skills and experiences:
- Familiarity with our current tools (including Wordpress, ActionKit, Salesforce, Controlshift, Action Network, New/Mode, Google analytics, Civis Analytics) would be desirable but not essential.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working both independently and in teams, highly responsive, and able to lead initiatives as well as take direction from others.
Position Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: 12pm EST, 10 August 2022
Compensation: Level 4.2
(click on the link for details)