Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
Think Company operates in the United States as a fully remote company. As such, please consider this a remote (work from home) position. Please note that Thinkers are expected to operate within Eastern Standard Time Zone business hours.
We are looking for a Lead Developer with design system focus to join our team at Think Company.
The term “Lead Dev” can mean a lot of different things in the industry. What we are looking for in this job description is an experienced, capable front-end-focused developer who has experience directing the work of other developers – including senior developers. Here at Think Company, we often call this role the “Tech lead.” In this role, you will collaborate with senior-and principal-level software architects to make decisions that are foundational to enterprise-scale tools and systems. You will write code. You’ll guide, direct, and review code for front-end developers in a React environment with cutting-edge use of pattern library development that is centered on Storybook. You’ll communicate your successes and challenges to client stakeholders, and manage your team’s work towards success, both in the short and the long term.
You’re not expected to be simultaneously the lead coder, the lead coordinator, and a lead consultant - you’ll be collaborating with a supportive team. The common denominator for this role is trust. You’ll earn and maintain the trust of the client through careful listening, consistent planning, and competent execution by you and the developers that you manage.
You should be able to demonstrate prior experience with setting and ensuring compliance with coding standards, making browser and device support recommendations, solving application architecture challenges, advising on content management workflow and CMS configuration, analyzing and remediating page performance issues, and addressing accessibility issues. You should have experience in accurately scoping projects, defining project requirements, translating business requirements into technical requirements, architecting the technical environment and hosting infrastructure, identifying milestones and managing a delivery team against those milestones.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of client’s business and technology stack; establish and maintain a positive relationship with the client; represent Think Company with professionalism and integrity
- Work collaboratively as part of a team that includes visual/UX designers, developers, project managers, and other roles (both clients and internal colleagues), flexing between a leadership or supporting role as required
- Architect technical solutions that meet clients' business, IT, and user needs, and that balance time, budget, and quality considerations appropriately
- Manage developers to deliver technical solutions on-time and on-budget, based on a technical delivery plan; work with project manager to communicate technical team status and manage client expectations
- Research and document web development technologies, trends, and innovations, and make recommendations or deliver presentations to clients and internal colleagues
- Experience with versioning components and publishing components to multiple application codebases, using tools such as Lerna or Nx.
- Extensive experience determining and analyzing technical project requirements, creating and managing a plan of work including identifying deliverables and estimating time
- Significant experience in leading and coaching a development team to deliver technical deliverables on-time, on-budget, and on-spec
- Deep understanding of the modern web platform and common architectural solutions
- Significant experience with front-end development practices including accessibility, progressive enhancement, cross-browser/platform compatibility, performance, and pre-processors/build tools
- Significant experience with web application development, primarily on the front-end (Angular, React, Node-ecosystem platforms.), and potentially also on the back-end (PHP, .NET, Python, Ruby on Rails, etc.). A working understanding of the tools and platforms needed to host these solutions
- Significant experience with content management systems (AEM, Sitecore, Drupal, WordPress, or others) including data and information architecture, templating, and publishing workflow.
- Experience with git, experience working with git in teams, and knowledge of Git Flow methodologies
- Familiarity with user experience (UX) design processes (conceptual design, wireframes, usability testing)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills and careful attention to detail
Think Company's developers are passionate about crafting code that is as beautiful and as elegant as our designs. We believe in web standards, progressive enhancement, and accessibility. We aim to build an open and faster web while delivering real value for our clients. We are a team of individuals with diverse skills who love learning and sharing knowledge. We hope you'll come think with us.