We're looking for the crazy ones that are going to change the world - if that's you - apply now.
Newchip is a virtual startup accelerator that provides world-changing early-stage companies with the software tools, training, mentorship, and the investor network necessary to successfully raise capital, build, and scale their businesses to eventual exit. We're in 100+ countries and have a portfolio of over 2,000 startups that have raised $1B+ in funding since our launch in 2019.
Do you love Shark Tank? Imagine every day being like an episode but on a global scale, that's what we do. We recruit top startups and we launch virtual cohorts each month from our HQ in Austin, TX, with a goal of coaching each to a point of invest-ability. We then invest in our top program graduates alongside our 3,000+ investor network and work with them until exit.
- We're a veteran founder team with decades of experience, acquisitions and exits under our belts, and we're looking for the next member of our team that meets both our core values and can add their skillset to our melting pot of diversity.
- We're only recruiting entrepreneurial and driven individuals who are in it for the long haul to reach an IPO and that want to truly assist startups to drive results that create investment returns to our investors and investor partner network.
- If you're looking to make a difference in the world and learn in 1 year what most learn in 5, we're here to provide the mentorship, leadership, and potential to make that dream a reality - if you're here looking for a 9-5, our company isn't for you.
Apply today to join the 100+ employees in our HQ in Austin, Texas, or join one of our remote teams around the globe!
We deliver results and set the standard for entrepreneurs and investors everywhere.Company Values:
Learn about our values and mission here: https://apply.workable.com/astralabs/
As an Account Executive you will be responsible for recruiting top tier startups and founders from around the world into our remote accelerator programs. Your job will be to communicate the value of the Newchip accelerator program, investor network, e-learning platforms, partner network, and other program benefits to startups to close deals.
This role requires a love for learning- understanding new and sometimes outlandish solutions, and about new industries and verticals. Every day will be unique. Your success will be measured by how many quality companies you are able build relationships with and recruit to join our programs. This role is full time only, no contractors or part-time.
Roles at Newchip have a base salary with uncapped commissions, paid employee benefits, and success based incentive goals (paid monthly, quarterly, and yearly) in addition to comp band levels 1-4 based on experience:
Total Annual Comp: $205,000
Role OTE: $150,000-$175,000
Base Pay (Based on Experience): $65,000-$95,000
Commission at 100% of Target: $85,000
Stock Bonus: Up to $25,000 Per Year
FT / PT: Full time only, no contractors or part-time.
Culture Fit Requirements:
You must have a compelling hunger and passion to achieve something great in life and change the world. Experience can be gained over time but your passion and drive are what will make you stand out in applying and in the actual workplace.
You must not only do whatever it takes to get the job done but always strive to over deliver results; individuals that can not only operate in the chaos of a startup, but thrive in it earn a place on our team.
You must be hyper-organized, resourceful, and truly enjoy working with a team to achieve the company vision; that means proactively reaching out to offer and receive guidance from your team members and solving roadblocks on your own.
- You have experience with startups, SaaS, or technology products
- You have a passion for entrepreneurship and love Shark Tank
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are outgoing, charismatic, and can talk to just about anyone
- You are a born deal closer, know how to handle objections, and do it
- You can connect with and influence executive decision-makers
- Manage sales cycle from qualified lead handoff via BDR team to securing a deal that will lead to prospects success
- Work with prospects to map out their goals and develop strategies to execute them using our programs and benefits
- Provide professional after-close support to maximize client loyalty and future software up-sale opportunities
- Remain in regular contact with your clients to understand and meet their needs while in our programs or software
- Negotiate agreements and keep records of deals, data, and contracts to report to your team leadership
- Manage your prospect accounts through email, text, LinkedIn messaging, video, and direct calls
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and client relationships that lead to mutual success
- Understand and promote value-based company programs via up-sell or cross-sale opportunities
- Present, promote, and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Analyze the territory/market's potential, track monthly recurring revenue and status reports
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends in the market to always be improving yourself
- Continuously improve through feedback and coaching with management and team to grow
- Provide management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- 1-5 years of sales cycle experience, generating revenue/business for quarterly to annual Saas, Cloud, and/or general startup tech solutions.
- Experience with a consultative sales process with proven ability to sell a value based product to early to mid-stage organizations.
- Fearlessness to communicate directly with and sell to Founders, and CEO's on a daily basis.
- A go-getter that sets his/her sights above and beyond to blow out his/her established targets and quotas.
- Persistent - Doesn't stop at 'no'. Believes they can overcome all challenges.
- Coachable - Seeks help; knows how to get help, when to ask for it and what situations call for it.
- Charismatic - knows how and when to use it.
- Sharp/Quick Witted - thinks on his/her feet. Flexibility to handle a curveball.
- Creative - Can think outside the box (when appropriate).
- Motivated - to learn, to succeed, to win, to grow.
- Aptitude - Able to learn and implement new concepts quickly.
- Confidence with absence of Ego.
- Self-Disciplined - Proven to be good at time management, organization, and demonstrate discipline in their process and everyday business.
- Self-aware - Has a solid understanding of their strengths and weaknesses and what they need to work on.
- Track record of exceeding expectations in an individually focused, quota carrying role.
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn new business and technical concepts quickly.
- Competitive nature, but also a collaborative team player.
- Strong presentation skills, both in person and via virtual channels.
- Be a part of a global team with a hybrid in-office and remote culture with a headquarters in East Austin, Texas
- Industry leader in compensation packages including base plus performance incentives, equity, and company stock.
- Fully covered benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances; plus a 401k program.
- Join an active culture and become a pillar in the startup community with weekly team outings and community events.
- Access to all of our accelerator certificate programs if you launch a startup during your career here (valued at $1M+).
- Active culture with a gym at HQ with bouldering, weight gym, classes, yoga, steam-rooms, and showers on-site.
- Unlimited PTO policy, Holidays, Sick Days, and Election Day off.
- Hybrid roles receive up to 60 days of remote work allotment per year at the discretion of your leadership team.
- ClassPass membership gives you worldwide access to thousands of top-rated gyms, fitness studios, salons, and spas.
- Weekly catered lunch on Fridays, as well as unlimited snacks and Starbucks coffee.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space working with thousands of startups around the globe.