Time zones: SBT (UTC +11)
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
, AST (UTC -4)
, FKST (UTC -3)
, CEST (UTC +2)
, BST (UTC +1)
, JST (UTC +9)
, CST (UTC +8)
, WIB (UTC +7)
, MMT (UTC +6:30)
, BST (UTC +6)
, NPT (UTC +5:45)
, IST (UTC +5:30)
, UZT (UTC +5)
, IRDT (UTC +4:30)
, GST (UTC +4)
is a forward-thinking digital marketing agency for WordPress businesses. WordPress powers 43% of the internet and we support its product and service economy with digital marketing.
We sit at the intersection of digital marketing and the WordPress ecosystem, serving agencies who sell websites to the biggest companies in the world, and product businesses who sell functionality to WordPress users. We help our clients reach millions of users and are helping make the web more powerful and easier to use.We’re market-leaders in our area, and are helping drive rapid growth in the WordPress economy. Between us, we have the in-house skills to deliver marketing strategy and implementation for some of the best WordPress businesses in the market.As a 100% remote team, we carefully balance collaboration with an environment that enables everyone to do their best work.
We’re based across Europe and travel for team meetups, conferences, and pleasure!
We each bring our own strengths and the independence to shape our agency as it grows quickly. It’s an exciting time to join us :)
About the role:
As our new Senior Marketing Strategist, you’ll be joining our industry-leading Strategy team.
Ellipsis’ Strategy team is extremely good and influential: we are trusted to give our clients and the industry at large
the most thoughtful, insightful, and actionable marketing strategy advice.
We’re trusted to develop the right marketing strategies, and you’ll be leading projects that do this. You’ll work with businesses ranging from startups looking for product/market fit, to the largest enterprise businesses in our space. It’s extremely rewarding to see businesses experience growth following your recommendations.
This is a varied and extremely rewarding role: you get to see inside businesses of all sizes, and advise on marketing strategy from CRO to SEO, and from email to search ads. We regularly push the boundaries of best practice in the industry, and take any opportunity to learn and explore new angles.
You’ll be working with Ellipsis’ cutting-edge FALCON AI
, and lead the way with analysing for our clients the large quantity of data we pull out of FALCON, such as our industry Weather Report
You’ll be working under our Head of Strategy, in our Strategy team. Following onboarding, you’ll have your own strategy consulting projects to lead and deliver. You’ll be hands-on and responsible for delivering client work. This will give you the opportunity to learn and grow at an extremely fast pace.Activity in this role will be broken down as follows:
- 60% Creating marketing strategy for clients
- 25% Client and account management
- 15% Internal marketing and projects
Your main responsibility will be to lead client strategy projects
: You’ll be responsible for directly executing your own projects, and delivering them successfully to clients. This involves talking to clients to understand their needs, “Deep Working” on strategy documents, and collaborating with the team internally to get specialised expertise. This includes our Marketing Audit and Strategy
work, and, later on, our CMO-as-a-Service
You’ll need to love solving marketing problems, developing winning strategies for clients, and writing these up into an actionable format. You should be comfortable working independently and blocking off large parts of your day for Deep Work, whilst taking on board client needs and feedback, and delivering work to clients at a rapid pace.
You’ll report to our Head of Strategy, and be working alongside our SEO Specialist on the Strategy team. You’ll also be working closely with Ellipsis’ Managing Director and the Content team.
To support the above, you need the following skills:
- Marketing strategy for product businesses of all sizes: you love solving marketing problems and have some experience with strategy for digital product businesses, including those with a SaaS business model. You have a track record of successfully identifying winning marketing strategies.
- Excellent written communication: you are excellent at long-form writing, and communicating your ideas clearly and persuasively to the reader.
- Expertise in specific marketing channels: CRO, SEO, pricing, and/or paid ads. You have a basic understanding of some of these and deep expertise in one or two areas. You’re keen to learn the rest.
- Client communication: you’re able to present your ideas to clients effectively, answer questions on-the-fly, and keep the client very happy. You’re happy to do this predominantly via video calls and email.
Requirements: hard skills
- 5+ years experience in digital marketing, and 2+ years in a strategic/consulting role
- Expert-level marketing strategy
- Excellent English editorial skills
- Proven experience writing, proofreading and editing
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent project and account management
- Availability to work on European time (GMT/CET)
Requirements: soft skills
- Fantastic communication skills: Remote work relies on mutual trust, so frequent and clear written communication is essential
- Receptive to feedback and solutions-oriented: We share and learn from each other honestly, openly and easily
- High level of self-awareness: a “people person”: You’ll be dealing with colleagues and clients on a daily basis, so this is an integral part of the role
- Proven organisational skills: You must be obsessive with deadlines, managing and updating tasks, and totally reliable
- Self-driven work ethic: You need to be 100% reliable, self-motivated, comfortable taking the initiative and seeing projects through to completion
- This is a full-time, 100% remote role. Work from home, or the beach!
- Competitive, full-time salary with pension, benchmarked to UK rates and based on experience. The range for this role is: £40k to £45k/year
- 28 days of paid holiday
- Flexible working
- Regular team retreats (to fun places! ~2 per year)
- Plenty of scope for personal development, and to grow and add more responsibilities as the business grows
- Maternity/paternity leave, and sick pay
- You’ll work for a sustainable, ethical company: we are members of the Good Business Charter and are aiming to become a B Corp by the end of 2022
The application process:
It’s important we find the best candidate for this position, and our selection process will reflect this. You’ll be required to attend at least two interviews (by video call) and carry out a (paid) freelance project with us before we make an employment offer.
We’re fortunate to receive a large volume of applications, so make your application stand out. Please pay special attention to the main responsibilities of this role, and “how to apply”.
We do great work for clients and are building an ethical business that lets everyone do their best work. If you think you could be the next person to join our team, please apply :)
How to apply:
Please apply through the form on Workable. We will decide who progresses to the next stage based on the form you submit, and your CV. Please give us a good reason to select you! Taking the time to research the role, see who we are
, what we do, and what you can do for us will increase your chance of success. Your cover letter is where you have the space to do this.
Ellipsis is an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
The deadline for submission is the end of the day, BST on 30 September 2022. We will start processing applications after this date. We’ll be in touch whether we're proceeding or not. We expect the interview process to take 2-4 weeks after applications close.