Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, ART (UTC -3)
, UTC -4
, UTC -4:30
, UTC -3
, UTC -2
Please do not apply if you are not based within the timezone of UTC−6: to UTC−5 (EST and CST), as we will be unable to consider your application.
While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in this region. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs
We're looking for someone to join our growing Customer Support Billing team! Putting our customers at the heart of everything is one of the key Hotjar values, so you'll help us continue to deliver outstanding support.
Reporting to the Customer Support (Billing) Lead, you'll take care of hundreds of Hotjar users every week to ensure they get the support they need to be successful using our product. You’ll also work on projects to evolve our customer experience, report insights back to our Product teams and keep our documentation updated as the tool evolves.
You’ll be an enthusiastic problem solver, keen to keep going until the issue is solved. Your customer empathy will come through in your writing style and great tone of voice. You’ll be comfortable adapting quickly and openly to changes, and keen to always learn and apply these insights to your work - with failures an inevitable part of your experiments.
We invest a lot in developing our support team, so this is a great opportunity for someone who loves helping people and is looking to further their career in a customer-facing role.
- Support our customers via Zendesk
- Troubleshoot customer billing issues using our available tool suite, which includes (but is not limited to):
- Update our internal knowledge base on Guru and contribute to department initiatives around knowledge sharing
- Help quickly spot customer experience patterns and escalate them as appropriate. Some examples are:
- Payment issues
- Feature request logging
- Own and help shape internal processes that directly impact engagement and improve our response times
- Collaborate with other departments including Product, Legal, Marketing, Finance, Sales, and Customer Success
- Collaborate with a cross-departmental team to plan and execute projects including, but not limited to:
- Writing articles on our Help Center
- Assisting with Zendesk macros and general maintenance of our instance
- Creating and supporting our existing workflows and automations in Slack, Zapier, and other tools
- Contributing to larger projects that support our vision and the pillars of our department
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a customer-facing billing role or a troubleshooting environment (previous experience via chat is a bonus!).
- Excellent tone of voice and communication skills. You must be fluent and eloquent in written and spoken English (other languages are a bonus!).
- Knack for making pricing, billing, and invoicing terms understandable to your peers and the general public.
- An intense intellectual curiosity and an eagerness share knowledge with others.
- You have a bias to action and have a proven track record of taking the lead on building and improving processes.
- Natural at problem-solving - with a huge range of customers purchasing varying pricing plans from our product line, it’s a crucial part of the job.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is $45,000 to $65,000 annually.
Our ranges are established after performing market research but the specific compensation amount of the offer will be determined based on relative experience, skills, and equity across the team. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs
to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks
valued at more than €10,000
a year, plus stock options and 40 days of annual leave. These have been chosen to reflect our values
and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Here at Hotjar, we welcome team members of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. Working with respect is built into our core values: we are honest, tolerant, and inclusive. We celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We all commit to creating a safe working environment and are allies to those less privileged. And we fully believe that living by these values helps us to make our company, and our product, better.