Remote Senior WordPress Developer
Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, AST (UTC -4)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
SiteCare is looking for an experienced and motivated WordPress Developer to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation of knowledge and experience related to WordPress, its internal APIs, and all technologies within the WordPress stack.
The candidate should also be results-driven, ambitious, organized, articulate and a self-starter. The Senior WordPress Developer will be responsible for feature development, troubleshooting and debugging, as well as expertly communicating results with the rest of the SiteCare team.
This is a full-time, fully remote position. Compensation is dependent upon experience.
For the Senior WordPress Developert team member to succeed in this role, they must embody SiteCare’s four company values in their day-to-day work:
- Obsessive Communication
- Deliver 101%
- Empower Others
- First Class
- Develop complex WordPress plugins, themes, and blocks.
- Contribute to the improvement of the Development discipline through mentorship and ongoing development of SiteCare best practice SOPs.
- Strategic technical guidance for other developers, our client success team, and our marketing team.
- Leverage WordPress APIs and extend the WordPress admin experience.
- Solve complex problems in simple ways.
- Balance current projects with incoming tasks, and being able to differentiate between importance and urgency..
- Engage meaningfully with clients; leading demos and driving discussions.
- Test solutions across multiple browsers and platforms in a testing environment. Help develop testing protocols and procedures to continuously improve confidence in project delivery.
- Manage and build deployment pipelines with Buddy
- At least five years experience in Full Stack WordPress web development.
- Five years of previous Agency experience
- Project-level leadership experience e.g. leading a team of Developers to solve a complex problem.
- Experience with troubleshooting tools like Xdebug, Query Monitor, Developer Tools, New Relic, etc.
- Experience building custom blocks in the Gutenberg block editor.
- Familiarity and experience with WordPress Multisite and experience working with large Multisite Networks
- Ability to set up a local environment and expertly debug performance and caching issues across environments.
- Experience optimizing website performance to improve metrics like PageSpeed and Core Web Vitals
- Mastery of verbal and written English; ability to communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients.
- Previous remote working experience
- A market-related salary based on your experience
- We’re a fully remote team
- Work from wherever you have access to a fast internet connection.
- Quarterly profit distributions
- Quarterly personal development stipend
- A technology stipend of $2000 every two years