, we’re building the most creator-friendly
platform on the planet to help people sell online courses, memberships, webinars, and digital downloads to their audience.
One of the ways we’re doing that -- besides our awesome all-in-one platform -- is delivering the best support on the planet for creators, helping them with everything they need to be successful on what can be an extremely difficult, lonely journey as an entrepreneur. That means fast, friendly support for every one of our thousands of creators, and a relentless passion, across our entire team, for helping our creators succeed.
We’re looking for an experienced customer support leader who can help take our support team to the next level of efficiency, performance, and success. 🙌
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Join the Support Leadership team (alongside the VP of Creator Support) and have a voice in team-level decisions that impact all members of the Support team, our creators, and potentially other departments.
- Lead, train, coach, and level up our support team (currently a team of 9 agents ranging in seniority from Base to Senior).
- Conduct regularly occurring 1:1s and own the yearly performance review cycle for your direct reports. To start, we expect someone in this role to manage 5 Base agents.
- Oversee and maintain the quality of our support delivery and customer satisfaction scores for our live chat and email channels.
- Ensure internal documentation and support team product knowledge are always up to date and thorough.
- Work with the VP of Creator Support to develop and execute a strategy to scale our customer support performance as we grow, including contact deflection, tool improvements, and automation where possible, without decreasing CSAT.
- Work with the VP of Creator Support to continually evolve the quantitative and qualitative metrics that influence our support team’s performance, impact on the business, and team growth.
We’re looking for someone with:
- At least 5+ years of experience in customer support, and at least 3+ years of experience in customer support management. Bonus points if you’ve worked with digital creators.
- An energetic, involved approach to management who enjoys getting to know team members, coaching them, and helping them deliver results to the best of their potential.
- A track record of being results-oriented, keeping your reports accountable to goals, and staying aligned with company-wide priorities.
- Experience collecting and analyzing relevant support data and metrics, and reporting on them to the VP of Creator Support and other company executives.
- Experience scaling support without sacrificing customer experience while staying efficient with resources.
- Experience designing best-in-class support experiences for a diverse, global customer base.
- Experience and passion for working in a startup environment. We’re a small team (~30 people) that consistently delivers outsized impact, and we want to stay that way. No one is purely a people manager at Podia, and you can expect to roll your sleeves up and work alongside the team in whatever way you can contribute best.
- Excitement about the role support plays in moving our business — and our creators — forward.
- At least 4 hours overlap with US Eastern Time.
We get hundreds of job applications for every open role. If you’d like some tips on how to stand out, read this thread
by our COO, Len Markidan.
Here’s what you’ll get if you join us:
- Competitive compensation. We want to hire the best people, and we’re ready to pay for them. We use a standardized salary scale set at the 90th percentile of US salaries for each role—regardless of where you are in the world. 💰
- Ultimate flexibility. We try to have some overlap time every day, but outside of that, work whenever and wherever you work best. 🤗
- Extreme autonomy. No micromanaging here. After onboarding, you’ll be given high-level direction and then left to solve it the way you feel is best. 📚
- That said, the rest of the team is always ready to lend a hand—or even an ear if you just need to bounce some ideas. 🤝
- You’ll be working with a diverse team from a range of countries and backgrounds. We work hard to make Podia an inclusive workplace for everyone. 🌎
- We have a rapidly growing base of passionate customers. Your work will be seen and appreciated by many people. 💜
- Great benefits, including three weeks paid vacation (plus another week during the December holidays), sabbaticals every three years, professional development credit, unlimited therapy, paid family leave, a new laptop every three years, and more. 😊
- (Paid for) annual retreats to spend time with the team and have fun together. ✈️
Sound like you? Want to be part of a smart, nimble, motivated team working hard to build something big?
We want to hear from you 📣
About the hiring process
Interested in joining our team? Great!
We’ll begin reviewing applications immediately and continue to review them for the first two weeks after the date of posting. There's no benefit to applying in the first five minutes, and we'd rather you take your time. We heavily weigh the answers to our application form rather than data from LinkedIn or resumes.
If your application is chosen to move on to the next phase, you’ll move to the first interview phase over Zoom with our VP of Creator Support. These interviews typically last 30 minutes and are structured to get a feel for your experience and how you approach work. No trust falls or riddles to worry about here 😉
If you move forward, we’ll send you a small (paid) test project to be completed within 72 hours of receipt. With this project we want to see how you approach giving feedback, coaching, and resolving customer issues.
If selected after the project stage, you will move to the second interview phase, speaking over Zoom with our VP of Creator Support, our Senior Technical Liaison, our Staff Developer, and our VP of Marketing.
The last interview will be with Spencer, our CEO, who can answer any questions you have about the broader goals and workings of the company.
After that, we'll decide on our final candidates and ask for professional references from both a previous co-worker and a manager. We'll reach out to those references to set up a brief 10-minute call.
Finally, all going well, we'll make a written offer to the successful candidate which can be signed electronically 🥳