Remote UI/UX Designer
We’re seeking a talented, creative, and dedicated UI/UX Designer to join our team. In this role, you’ll create impactful and engaging experiences for both our clients as well as Whitespectre’s own software products. You’ll collaborate with engineering, product management, and stakeholders to solve interesting product challenges and deliver features that provide a great user experience and drive significant business value and insight.
This role sits within the product design team and reports directly to the head of UI/UX. Please, note that this is NOT a freelance/project based opportunity, it’s a long-term, full-time role.
Please provide a link to your current portfolio. Candidates without portfolios will not be considered.
is a product development company that creates high-performing platforms and apps, both for our long-term client partners and our own products. Founded in 2013, we partner with both large established companies and high-growth start-ups in the US and Europe. We're a close-knit team of 70 smart and diverse architects, engineers, product managers and designers, working together remotely and growing! Only candidates from outside of the US will be considered for this role.
In this role, you will:
- Cover the end-to-end UI/UX design process, from research and the development of wires and prototyping, to gathering user feedback, to collaborating with and presenting to stakeholders and designing polished interfaces.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, and other UI/UX designers to develop intuitive and elegant product experiences.
- Prioritize user needs and be the voice of the user in conversations and decisions.
- Design user flows, wireframes, and prototypes to demonstrate your ideas to stakeholders.
- Incorporate best practices, research, and user feedback into your design decisions.
- Confidently present your ideas and recommendations to internal stakeholders and clients.
The ‘check the box’ requirements:
- 3+ years experience in UI/UX design, including responsive sites and applications and native mobile applications (iOS, Android, React Native).
- Experience working as UI/UX designer within an international company and team, on a full-time and long-term basis, interacting with developers, product managers and stakeholders.
- Experience working across the entire product lifecycle, from research and prototyping, to launch, to ongoing feedback and iteration cycles.
- A robust portfolio of past projects and live examples.
- Strong visual design skills that demonstrate excellence in the core principles of typography, layout, color etc. A design aesthetic that demonstrates a strong foundation in the core visual design principles (typography, layout, color, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills in English, including the ability to engage confidently with clients in design discussions and presentations.
- Comfortable in fast-paced, collaborative environments.
- Availability to work full-time within a fast-moving cross-functional team, crossing over with 11am - 7pm Central European Time
We’re excited about candidates who are:
- Passionate about creating products that deliver both a first-class user experience as well as real business results.
- Seriously detail-oriented. You pride yourself on delivering designs that are accurate and consistent. You enjoy thinking through the multiple scenarios and perspectives in each user experience you create.
- Committed to keeping up with ‘best practices’ and new design thinking. You’re naturally curious, you’re constantly reviewing new apps and products, you can speak comfortably on the pros and cons of the latest design trends
- Skilled at presenting your designs and findings with clarity and confidence and engaging in stakeholder discussions
- Competitive pay, in USD
- Annual Performance & Salary Reviews, with proactive career management
- 20 Days PTO & 3 Charity Days annually
- Funded face-to-face meet ups in Barcelona, as well as, South America and Asia
- Assisted Relocation package up to $5k
- Flexible working hours for efficient teaming in a 100% remote environment (proudly remote-first for 9 years!)
- Free English classes & educational expenses support
- Generous Employee Referral Plan
- Team Fitness and Charity Initiatives
- We offer employee or long-term independent contractor agreements, depending on location
In addition to the above benefits, we foster an inclusive working environment that provides:
- Great company environment - check out Glassdoor
- Personalized onboardings
- Opportunity to contribute to company-level initiatives
- Work with a broad range of best-in-class technologies and the latest design tools
- Cross-company knowledge groups - improve your expertise and share your learnings
- Regular brown bag learning sessions
- An emphasis on Work-life balance
Interested in applying?
- Apply by completing the form below
- Or email us with any questions on email@example.com