**Applicants need to show past work they've done that has led to increased revenue on E-commerce sites, generating at least $100k/mo. If you can't 'show and tell' this story, please don't apply**
The Otaku Box is looking for an otaku with proven experience in marketing automation for an E-commerce site(s) generating at least $100,000 USD in revenue per month. You'll work with a team of marketers directly underneath the CMO to generate revenue via email and SMS campaigns, automation, segmentation, and more. You'll also be measuring, reporting, and optimizing all of your efforts on a continual basis. Oh, and don't forget the lead capture: you'll also be assisting with that!
Please note that this is a performance marketing role: your work must lead to an increase in customers and revenue, and you'll be required to track and report how effective your work is and how you can make it more effective.
- At least 3 years working in E-commerce for websites generating at least $100,000 USD/month in sales using a leading ESP platform (Drip, Klaviyo, Hubspot, or similar)
- At least one year of SMS marketing experience
- Experience using a leading platform for lead capture, testing, and optimization
- Knowledge of marketing, E-commerce marketing, and heuristics
- Enjoy anime and/or manga
- Be a 'Manager of One' (see below!)
- Experience with the Drip platform / Ortto
- Experience with Hubspot
- Graphic editing abilities
- Experience with Zapier and/or webhooks
- Experience with TypeForm
- Marketing experience in other areas (but not to the exclusion of email/SMS marketing automation)
- Experience working in the anime/manga industry
This is a full-time contract position. Working hours are 11 am-7 pm JST (or at least half of Japan time).
Who We Are
The Otaku Box is one of the largest anime subscription boxes, sending customers all over the world a box of exclusive anime loot they can't get anywhere else. Even better, customers get to vote on the loot they receive, directly influencing what goes in the box each month.
IMPORTANT: everyone at The Otaku Box is a Manager of (at least) One!
**PLEASE SEND AN EXAMPLE OF THE AUTOMATION FLOW YOU HAVE CREATED.**
So, what's a manager of one?
A manager of one is someone who ideates and/or identifies new work, implements that work, measures that work, reports on that work, then optimizes that work - without being told, and without excuse
Note that 'work' can be a specific task, system, process, collaboration, idea, project, and more!
Managers of one do not think or say things like:
'No one told me to do that'
'I wasn't tasked with that'
'That's not my job'
'Someone else was supposed to do that'
'Someone else didn't do something, so I couldn't do this'
Managers of one do not do things like:
Allow tasks to run overdue.
Fail to respond to comments, updates, and similar.
Fail at any of the 5 key precepts of being a Manager of One.
Make excuses of any kind, ever.
Managers of one do things like:
- Task themselves with work, both identified and ideated
- Optimize their workflow and processes
- Identify and then solve their own bottlenecks and those of the larger team
- Implement new workflow and processes that not only assist their work but the work of the entire team
- Take responsibility for the growth, improvement, and/or forward direction of work, processes, and, ultimately, the foundation
- Have incredible attention to detail
- Own their work, responsibility, and role
- Continually learn new skills, software, systems, and thought processes
When managers of one have a question, they:
- Exhaustively research the problem, learning from a variety of resources, including everyone/anyone involved
- Attempt to solve the problem themselves
- Failing that, they propose two or more potential solutions for consideration when presenting the problem
Why do we hire managers of one?
We live in a 'gig' economy that pushes wages as low as the lowest person on the planet is willing to accept for a given gig. They are all full of people looking to do told what to do and complete specific jobs for a very low rate. If you're the kind of person that needs to have work dictated to them, you're competing against many millions of others in the global gig economy, and that's not what we're looking for, which is why this position pays better than 'gig' work.
So, you will need to be a manager of one and ideate and/or identify work, implement that work, measure that work, report that work, and optimize that work!
Fixed price: 10.00USD