Remote UX/UI Designer
This is a fully remote position, not restricted by commutes or a particular geographic area.
Office hours: Monday through Friday, 9AM - 5PM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT UTC-7), this position requires individuals to be available for meetings and duties at least a six (6) hour block during this window.
Who we are:
Create Ape is a fun and lean creative digital agency offering comprehensive solutions to your most pressing problems. With over 20 years in the UX/UI design space, we know how to elevate your user’s experience and to translate that into real metrics you can actually see: more clients & bigger sales.
Our passionate experts are leaders in their field, covering everything from digital strategy to design & development. Our mission is to provide our clients with unparalleled personalized solution-based service. We commit to achieving these custom solutions and implementing them with a smile.
What we are looking for:
At CreateApe, UX/UI Designers are able to understand our clients’ business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with various feedback and user-testing criteria. Our design team works closely with Sales, Marketing, Development and Project Management teams to ensure our clients and projects have strategic, seamless user experiences to elevate and optimize the client journey from end to end.
- Translate concepts and requirements into user flows, wireframes, high fidelity mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences and attractive user interfaces.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
Type of work:
- Informational sites
- Parallax sites
- Mobile Apps
- Complex web apps
- Wireframing + Prototypes (Holla @ Figma & Invision yo!)
What you need to bring to the table:
- Be able to work during our business hours (9 am to 5 pm PST).
- Be available throughout the day via slack/email/etc.
- Able to interface with clients and work with project managers on client needs.
- 5 or more years of UX/UI design experience and a portfolio to back it up.
- Wizard with Figma
- Ability to create clickable prototypes using InVision.
- Experience with ClickUp to post and collaborate on projects.
- Extensive experience in using UX/UI design best practices to design solutions and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently, quickly, and intelligently.
Big bonus if you:
- Have some print and or brand design chops working in Illustrator + InDesign
- Have basic knowledge of front end code (HTML. CSS, etc)
If you like what you see and want to get out of that commute… holla at us with your portfolio, resume, and seriously... an interesting cover page (or video introduction)!