Time zones: IST (UTC +5:30)
, UZT (UTC +5)
** EventMobi is a remote-first company and this is a remote job. You may reside anywhere in the world to do this job. However, you must be willing to work during Eastern Standard Time business hours. The salary range for this role is between 40k - 50k CAD per annum. This posting is open to all candidates globally.
EventMobi is an award-winning tech startup with offices in Toronto, Berlin and Manila with thousands of clients across the globe. We believe that live events bring people together to enable change, for businesses and society at large. At EventMobi we have a huge impact on enabling success for events and their attendees. We are on a mission to revolutionize how event planners create, market and manage their events and how attendees experience conferences and tradeshows.
Are you a code detective who loves nothing more than tracking down elusive bugs and fixing them? Do you enjoy digging into complex technical problems and coming up with elegant solutions? If so, we want you on our team as a Frontend Maintenance Engineer! You'll be responsible for investigating and remediating defects, implementing technical improvements, and providing code migration support. Plus, you'll get to work with cutting-edge technologies and a team of passionate engineers who share your dedication to quality and innovation.
WHAT YOUR WORK WILL FOCUS ON
- Investigate and remediate defects to improve the overall quality of our software using React
- Implement technical improvements to enhance the performance and scalability of our software
- Provide migration support to ensure seamless transitions to new technologies
- Work closely with other members of the engineering team to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to ensure the quality and consistency of our software
- Continuously learn and stay up-to-date with new technologies and industry trends
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- At least 2 years of frontend experience, particularly with React
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and the aptitude to pick things up quickly
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience working with Typescript and writing strongly typed React components and hooks
- Experience with Quality Assurance methodologies
- Experience with Material UI and/or Ant Design
- Experience with React-Query or similar libraries for API-driven React components
- Knowledge of developing mobile applications through Capacitor, Cordova, or React Native
- Experience with Docker, AWS, and CI/CD like GitHub Actions
- Experience with Agile methodologies is a plus
SOME OF THE INTERESTING CHALLENGES YOU'LL GET TO WORK ON
- Working with API calls in a Stale-With-Revalidate paradigm to support fast, network-first data access with offline caching
- Utilizing Redux and dynamic reducers
- Working with Mobile Apps using Ionic Capacitor and AWS SNS for Push Notifications
- Modernizing the codebase with ReactJS and replacing legacy functionality
WHAT WILL YOU GET FROM EVENTMOBI?
- We offer the experience of a lifetime working with a dynamic, open-minded and diverse team, who are excited to come to work every day and passionate about what they do and the clients they help.
- Competitive compensation.
- A great culture with much more along the way
REMOTE WORKSPACE REQUIREMENTS
- You have a safe, comfortable, and ergonomic workspace and working environment - a private and quiet workspace is vital for doing your best work!
- You have a reliable internet connection capable of participating in video calls, with at least 30Mbps download speed
LEARN MORE ABOUT EVENTMOBI & OUR REMOTE-FIRST CULTURE
We're focused on building the most comprehensive event and conference management platform in the industry. Our mission is to empower and change how event marketers and conference organizers manage their events, and create engaging event experiences. We've already changed how 30,000+ events in over 70+ countries leverage the best event technology at their in-person, virtual and hybrid events.
EventMobi is an all-remote company with over 100 diverse, experienced and talented employees, distributed globally across Canada, US, Europe, Philippines and the Middle East. We continuously strive to promote a remote work culture centered around our core values of Empathy, Honesty, Growth Mindset, Collaboration and Expertise. We believe the success of a great remote team is rooted in strong asynchronous communication, effective documentation, clear goal setting along with use of collaborative technologies.
We encourage a healthy work-life balance, host fun and informative live company-wide virtual meetings weekly, and create opportunities for teams to come together at least once a year. At EventMobi, we take care of each other. Everyone has a voice to enact change via our anonymous pulse surveys. And all managers are required to have regular 1on1s to support their staff in day-to-day activities, as well as long term career growth.
If you are interested in seeing EventMobi in action, check out some of the links below:
- Product Demo Video Series - 7 short videos that blends in best practices in event technology while using EventMobi
- Event Tech Insider - Our customer community space where you can experience our product in action and see some of our highlighted content, webinar recording and your future co-workers at work :)
- “The Nature of Events” - a fun video showcasing the EventMobi Team
EventMobi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
** No agencies and no recruiters please.