is a world-class SEO Content agency. SEO is winner-takes-all, and we make our clients the winners. We produce SEO Content that achieves top rankings for clients at scale.
Our current positioning is focused on the WordPress ecosystem, and we’re about to roll out new positioning entirely focused on delivering world-class SEO Content to technology businesses – we’re already world-class, and our aim is to be the very best at SEO Content in the world.
Our flagship service is Content Growth, our best-in-class done-for-you SEO Content service. We produce ~80 pieces of content per month for clients.
Content Growth drives excellent results for our clients. This is powered by the combination of our robust process and our in-house technology. FALCON AI is our proprietary tech we’ve built to make Content Growth so good. This is all designed and built in-house. FALCON AI was featured in the New York Times last year and is patent pending.
You’ll be our first in-house Graphic Designer. You’ll create world-class visuals to accompany our world-class content. You’ll build out internal process around design, asset banks, and create stills with the occasional animation.
You’ll work across a range of clients, products, and industries to produce graphics that are better and more on-brand for them, than they do themselves.
Ellipsis is growing quickly. We do outstanding work and are building something special. It’s an exciting time to join us.
How you'll work
You’ll work with our Content team to create visuals that support our clients’ needs. We produce high-quality, SEO-focused content, and we’re looking for an outstanding Graphic Designer to help us take our featured images and in-article graphics to the next level.
Currently, we produce great copy, but your job will be to make the accompanying graphics look as good as the words! We are looking for a Graphic Designer who loves to turn stories into engaging images that enrich content and make it stand out from a world of SEO content that all looks the same.
We currently use an “unlimited design” service and produce graphics that look the same as everyone else’s graphics made by their unlimited design service. We need you to elevate the quality.
It’ll be your job to understand the look and feel of each of our client’s branding, produce graphic assets that fit with their style, and help level up the quality of the content that we make for them through engaging, interesting, and original visuals that enhance the written content that we produce.
Concretely, this means developing an asset bank for each client, creating beautiful on-brand featured images for each post, editing and/or optimizing images (such as charts or screenshots) in the content from our writers, and creating any other graphics for the posts such as versions for social media. You’ll need to identify opportunities to enhance the content with graphics, and then make those happen.
Our clients are technology businesses. Some of them have existing brand guides and are more serious/corporate, whilst others are looking for us to show them what awesome design looks like.
We produce content at scale – 80 posts a month – so this is a role that requires design and brand leadership to understand and go beyond the client’s current requirements, but also productivity to develop processes, asset banks, and produce graphics at scale.
Additionally, you’ll work on internal projects. Ellipsis’ current branding is decent but inconsistent. We’re on a mission to be the best in the world at SEO Content, and we need to look as good as our work is.
This role is broken down:
- 20% developing brand assets for clients
- 60% creating graphics for each of our posts (mostly still but some animation)
- Featured images to accompany each of our client’s articles
- Simple animations and gifs to illustrate concepts within articles
- Optimisation of screenshots to maintain consistency and reader understanding (with the use of arrows and markup where necessary)
- Data visualisation assets (charts, graphs, and infographics in the client’s style)
- 20% internal projects
As a 100% remote team, we carefully balance collaboration with an environment that enables everyone to do their best work. You’ll communicate with the team through Basecamp, our project management software, and Google Meet. We're located in Europe and require 2 hours of overlap with GMT/BST each day.
You'll be a part of our Content team, who will provide you with copy support and detailed briefs where required. You’ll then have “deep work” time to create graphic assets on a high-volume basis.Requirements
Requirements: hard skills
- 2-4+ years graphic design experience, either on a team or freelance
- Ideally, previous experience in designing for SEO, or experience working with a copy team on in-article graphics
- Ability to take a brief and turn it into a compelling, easy-to-understand visual
- Experience developing brand guidelines and assets
- Experience with simple animation/motion graphics
Requirements: soft skills
- Proven organisational skills: You must be obsessive with deadlines, managing and updating tasks, and totally reliable
- Fantastic communication skills: Remote work relies on mutual trust, so frequent and clear written communication is essential
- Receptive to feedback and solutions-oriented: We share and learn from each other honestly, openly, and easily.
- High level of self-awareness, a “people person”: You’ll be dealing with members of the team on a daily basis, so this is an integral part of the role
- Self-driven work ethic: You need to be self-motivated, comfortable taking the initiative, and see projects through to completion
- This is a full-time, 100% remote role. You’ll be a full team member, and involved in our team projects, work, and meetups
- Competitive salary with pension benchmarked to UK rates and based on experience.
- £36-40k/year salary, depending on experience
- 28 days of paid holiday
- Regular team retreats (to fun places! ~2 per year)
- Support for personal development. We have a transparent and open culture
- Maternity/paternity leave, and sick pay
- Sustainable business: we are aiming to become a B Corp by the end of 2023
It’s important we find the best candidate for this position, and our selection process will reflect this. We’ll review applications on a rolling basis but interviews start after the closing date. There’s thus no benefit to rushing to apply: we will bias heavily towards your application’s answers rather than your CV, and we’d love for you to take your time.
We’re fortunate to receive a large volume of applications. You can make your application stand out by paying special attention to the main responsibilities of this role, and “how to apply”. If you think you’re a fit, or could be a fit – go for it!
We use video calls for interviews. You’ll have video interviews using Google Meet, including with your prospective line manager, a prospective peer, and the Managing Director.
We understand that this is as much you interviewing us, as the other way round. Throughout the interview process, we’re extremely happy to answer your questions about the business, working here, and the future of the company.
The final stage of our hiring process is a paid test project, which will be similar to work you could expect to do if you were hired. We’ll give you a week to complete the project, but expect that you’ll only need ~4 hours.
Following the completion of trial projects, we’ll ask for professional references from a previous manager and co-worker. We ask candidates to introduce us to their references, for a 10 min call or email conversation. We then expect to move to make an offer quickly.
We do great work for clients and are building an ethical business that lets everyone do their best work. If you think you could be the next person to join our team, please apply :)
How to apply
Please apply through Workable: https://apply.workable.com/getellipsis/
. We will decide who progresses to the next stage based on the form you submit, and your CV. Please give us a good reason to select you! Taking the time to research the role, see who we are, what we do, and what you can do for us will increase your chance of success. Your cover letter is where you have the space to do this.
Ellipsis is an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Whilst we love technology and sit at the leading edge of its adoption (we automate hundreds of thousands of actions a month internally), we want to hear from you rather than from ChatGPT.
We will be screening applications for AI-generated content and will automatically disqualify AI-generated applications.
The deadline for submission is the end of the day, on 15th May 2023. We’ll be in touch with all candidates, following the close of applications.