Remote Social Media Specialist
is one of the fastest-growing email marketing services. We help more than 1 million businesses around the world, to keep in touch with their customers. Today, we are a team of more than 130 dreamers, adventurers, and world travelers passionate about what we do and believe in. And we are ready for another talented person to join the party.
We’re looking for a Social Media Specialist who will embrace the opportunity to oversee our social media platforms, create and administer content, build an audience, and ensure engagement. The ideal candidate will have great design and online communication skills, loves sparking friendly and engaging conversations on all social media channels, and would be excited to build relationships with our clients and partners. If digital marketing and online relationship-building are your jam, please join us! 🚀
Wondering why we think you’ll love working for MailerLite? Here are 6 reasons!
- You won’t be boredWe have lots of wonderful clients who love creating content and starting discussions. We want to keep those conversations flowing on all our social media channels.
- You will be challenged with interesting tasksSocial media continues to evolve with new formats and with entirely new platforms. We haven’t tried tons of things, but that’s about to change. You’re free to experiment. If you believe in your idea, give it a try and share your learnings afterward.
- Take ownershipWe don’t micromanage and try not to interrupt your work with random tasks. We do expect you to take full responsibility and ownership for the stuff you build.
- You’ll have experts at handWhenever you’re stuck, your teammates are eager to help you grow. And they’d love for you to share your knowledge too!
- You can pick where you want to work, every dayAt MailerLite, we embrace the remote culture. Every day you get to choose what environment makes you most productive.
- You can count on stabilityYou can count on us to offer you a stable workplace! We're continuously growing and we’ve been around for more than 10 years.
What you’ll work with
- Manage our social media channels (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter), with a focus on strategy, content creation, and execution
- Stay on top of social media algorithm shifts and adjust content recommendations accordingly
- Manage the day-to-day handling of social media posts across our channels
- Scout and engage with new content creators to deliver fresh content for our social media channels
- Prepare monthly reporting: define and measure
- Actively engaging in our online user community: daily engagement, moderation, content scheduling, online events organization
- Collaborate with other departments (support, product and communication team, etc) to manage reputation and coordinate actions
- Cross-functional collaboration for the content calendar for social and community - developing social media content plans that are consistent with the company’s brand identity and goals.
What we expect
- 2+ years of experience as a Social Media Specialist and/or have a Bachelor (or equivalent) in Marketing or Communication studies
- Skilled in selecting the most suitable content format and using it to build communities on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Excellent communication skills with online communities on social networks
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and keep messages constructive at all times
- Experience in growing and interacting with audiences on Twitter is a big plus
- Interest in email marketing
- Experience or interest in graphic design (creating social media graphics)
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills in English
- Fluent in emoji and gif languages 😜
- Creative attitude
- You're a good team player with strong project management skills
- You're a critical thinker
- Ability to work with teams across multiple time zones and countries
- You're based in the Europe, Africa, or East Americas (EDT and CDT) time zones
- This position is full-time (40 hours per week)
What we offer
- Yearly salary range: $30,000 - $46,000 (gross)
- Remote-first culture with the team working remotely from all over the world
- International health insurance provided with coverage in most countries. Monthly healthcare payout available in select countries where coverage is limited
- Company-paid retreats. Once per year, we gather for a week in an exotic location to work, learn and have fun together
- 31 days of vacation per year. We encourage you to unplug and recharge!
- 4 creative days. One paid day off per quarter to do something creative and fun
- 12 parental days per year. Parents can take one paid day off every month to spend time with their children
- Parenting budget. Anyone who becomes a parent through childbirth or adoption gets a budget as a gift
- Joy Budget. Annual budget to spend on whatever brings you joy
- MacBook and other tools that'll help you to do your job efficiently
- Check the full list of our awesome benefits here
Can't wait to receive your application!