Remote Engineering Manager SRE
Magnolia International Ltd.
Are you passionate about coaching and mentoring engineers? Do you come to work to inspire others to be at their best? Do you flourish in an outcome-focused environment? Then Magnolia is the place you are looking for!
Magnolia is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead the Site Reliability Engineering team. You will work in globally distributed teams, with engineers based in Europe, the US, and Vietnam.
What will you do?
- Use your excellent collaboration and communication skills to work closely with our PM team, and technical experts across the departments and collaborate with other teams on cross-department initiatives
- Empower & motivate your team with a humble, servant leadership approach
- Mentor & Coach engineers
- Motivate, inspire & drive innovation
- Cultivate a customer-centric approach with outcome-driven and discovery-focused development over output
- Form close working relationships with engineers and other stakeholders, and understand their needs and technical hurdles
- Shape platform and infrastructure services together with the teams
- Manage the development backlog and work with the team-building solutions on a daily basis.
- Create and foster understanding and collaboration between all internal stakeholders toward stability, performance, scalability, and sustainability
- Evaluate and contribute to the evolution of processes within the team, department, and company
- Aid the improvement of product quality, security, and performance
- Use your technical experience to drive technical projects, and provide leadership and insights on architecture in a fast-paced environment
What do you bring in?
- Extensive expertise in site reliability engineering, infrastructure, and architecture of large-scale platforms
- Operational experience: monitoring, metrics, and analytics
- Experience working with public cloud providers such as AWS
- A clear understanding of cloud-native, SaaS, and PaaS patterns
- Knowledge of the software/systems development lifecycle (CI/CD/CD)
- Knowledge of some programming languages like Python or Go (experience with Java is a plus since our tech stack is mainly based on it)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrated progressive experience in a leadership role with current technical expertise
So, who we are?
- Bright, fun, and open-minded colleagues spread across the globe
- Lateral and vertical growth opportunities
- Flexibility, flexibility, flexibility
- Aside from work, we are parents, gamers, bookworms, athletes, adrenaline
- junkies, philosophers, and so much more
We are for you if you like to...
- take charge: Everyone at Magnolia is in the driver’s seat and we set the direction according to what our customers, colleagues, and culture need. No matter the roadblocks you see ahead, you take charge in (re)shaping the destination.
- connect: You never drive alone. Building meaningful connections means creating experiences together that form a foundation of trust so next time there’s a bump in the road, you know someone else has your back
- be you: Choose your own ways and means. We thrive on making every perspective count so that you feel safe enough to follow your purpose and at the same time pursue one common goal. Our way of growing is to mutually question ourselves and others
Are you interested in becoming a part of Magnolia? Then send your resume. We are looking forward to hearing from you!