Remote Freelance Senior Graphic Designer - Remote, PST working hours
Who is SketchDeck? SketchDeck is the future of the design agency. A fully remote tech start-up, we’re redefining the traditional approach to the design process by combining remote working, and innovative technology. Our talented crew is composed of engineers, marketers, sales people, account managers, and designers from around the world, all committed to the same goal: Democratizing Design. Working with clients from Fortune 500 companies to exciting new startups, we aim to provide the majority of day-to-day design that marketing and sales organizations need.Job descriptionSenior Graphic Designers at SketchDeck are strong conceptual thinkers who are passionate about design and visual problem-solving. Our Senior Designers are collaboratively-minded creatives that are highly skilled across a range of disciplines and are detail-oriented while possessing a holistic understanding of design principles and best practices.
This is both a conceptual as well as executional role. The Senior Graphic Designer will be responsible for the design and development of a wide range of deliverables for our clientele including, but not limited to—identity & brand design, presentation design (PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google Slides), infographic design, long-form editorial design (eBooks, annual reports, etc), as well as various other print and digital assets (digital advertising, social media assets, brochures, one-pagers, etc).RequirementsWhat You Will Do
- Senior Designers will work closely with the Project Manager (PM), Design Director (DD), and other designers
- Senior Designers will have the opportunity to work on our premium projects with our VIP clients
- Senior Designers are responsible for the conceptualization and execution of design solutions for our broad range of clients
- Senior Designers ensure that the quality of work that we are bringing forward meets our (and our clients') high level of standards—attention to detail is key
- Senior Designers must have exemplary time and project management skills—must be comfortable simultaneously managing multiple projects for various clients across time zones
- Senior Designers are responsible for setting and maintaining a clear and consistent visual direction for other designers to follow
- Senior Designers should be experienced and comfortable thoughtfully presenting work to our clients
What We're Looking For
- ~7+ years of experience (not a requirement, but preferred)
- Well-versed in design principles
- Strong conceptual + executional skills
- Demonstrates branding + strategy-based design thinking
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time/project management skills
- Able to interpret briefs and ideate design solutions based on the them
- Enthusiastic about collaboration with a remote team of project managers, design directors, and other designers based all over the world
- Receptive to direction but enthusiastic about pushing boundaries and ideating design solutions — inventiveness is key
- Excellent communication skills — able to write/speak about your design thinking and rationale
- Experience in motion design/video/animation is a strong plus (familiarity with AE + C4D)
- Experience with Figma is a strong plus
- Pacific Standard Time working hours
- Open availability (20+ hrs/week minimum)
This is a part-time freelance position. Strong, consistent work from our designers typically results in the development of a good relationship with our clientele and the continued opportunity for more work. This is a great opportunity for designers with existing clients.
If you have fresh ideas and a restless creative mind join our fantastic community of creative professionals! If you're interested in applying please send your résumé/CV along with a link to your portfolio.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you soon!