Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
SimpleTexting is a fast-growing B2B text messaging company in search of a savvy SaaS generalist; we’re seeking a versatile renaissance person to help with the general management of business operations. You’ll manage our growing ops team, which is responsible for customer verification, carrier compliance, messaging providers, intercompany migrations, general administration, and special projects. However, you will sometimes play an individual contributor—rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty in details.
SimpleTexting is proudly part of Sinch, a leading global Communication Platform as a Service (CPaaS) provider, offering messaging, voice, and video communication solutions to a large global customer base. Sinch SMB consists of ClickSend, MessageMedia, and SimpleTexting.
This role will focus on the SimpleTexting brand and functions within the Sinch SMB business unit.
Want to Fly a Plane While Building It?
It has not been uncommon for us to have to fly a plane while building it, so we need a critical thinker who can command a cross-functional room and reliably deliver excellent results. This is a career-defining opportunity as you’ll be integral to advocating for SimpleTexting on a number of special projects related to intracompany migrations between SimpleTexting, the Sinch SMB Unit headquartered in Australia, and the wider Sinch AB family.
You’ll work on a number of exciting and mission-critical projects like systems consolidation, workflow alignment, support ops, sales ops, marketing ops, finance ops, and more. While these projects will require trailblazing and invention on the fly, you’ll have a talented team to support you and the resources you need to get the job done.
Ample experience with the inner workings of a SaaS company matters greatly for this role—including broadly understanding product development, go-to-market, and customer lifecycle. If you’re a go-getter and want a front-row seat in a SaaS rocket, please apply—a perfect resume matters less than your penchant to quickly learn new things and respond with smart, strategic decisions.
*Experience in a SaaS company and start-up environment is absolutely crucial to this role*
$130,000 - $170,000 USD annually. Salary will be evaluated based on experience.
- Own operations; become an expert in the confluence of customer, provider, carrier, and wider business in order to develop processes that deliver efficiencies across the company.
- Manage and coach a growing ops team responsible for day-to-day customer administration, carrier compliance, and special projects.
- Be the utility player for intercompany migrations between SimpleTexting, the Sinch SMB Unit, and the wider Sinch AB organization; your excellent, empathetic communication will be invaluable to those impacted by process change. Potential migrations could include swapping email providers, CRM systems, data systems, support systems, and billing systems.
- Key stakeholder relationships - in an industry that is continually evolving, you'll hold key vendor and intercompany relationships that will require you to take in, interpret and disseminate information quickly across the organization.
- Oversee—and, at times, get your own hands dirty with—general administration and special projects, from implementing new carrier decrees to organizing remote meetups to preparing raw data for analysis.
- Plan to pivot—while we’re an established business and now part of a large public company, the SimpleTexting team still wears its startup mentality on its sleeve; change and continual improvements are de rigueur and you’ll feel right at home when things change on any given day.
The preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a startup environment, SaaS preferred
- A shoulder to shoulder leader who has worn multiple hats to build up every aspect of operations
- Regular pattern of conceiving and executing on meaningful initiatives within a software business
- Excellent communication skills and aptitude to thrive in a fully remote, work from home environment with teammates across the globe.
- Ability to zoom between macro and micro, and to apply elbow grease where necessary; you’re not too proud to do low-level work as a situation may require.
- Confidence as a decision maker, with a fluency in data, analytics, and performance metrics.
- A knack for analyzing internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement.
- A history of developing actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives, created in tandem with company leadership.
- An ability to identify and promote talent as well as a corresponding ability to deselect individuals who are a poor organizational fit.
- An inclination toward, and attention to, detail.
A Big Plus!
- Entrepreneurial background and/or experience at a software startup, where you donned many caps.
- Experience with horizontal SaaS companies selling to small and medium businesses.
- Experience with finance, accounting, and budgeting.
- Experience with legal and risk assessment (e.g., compliance, contracts, NDAs, subpoenas, etc.).
- Experience in the telephony and/or messaging space.
Fully Remote Position, but must be located in the US or Canada; this role will likely require occasional meetings with our Australian (Melbourne) colleagues, so some early evening hours may be required depending on your time zone.
Our values of Dream big, Win together, Keep it simple and Make it happen are what make us successful on our journey to be the global leader in customer engagement for SMBs, so people who feel a connection to these values and like the pace of a fast-growing global company will easily fit into our team. We are committed to building a company that empowers individuals from diverse backgrounds to be their authentic selves and bring their values into their work. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, our success will be better. In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- Flexible hybrid working arrangement
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Coaching and career development support: Detailed onboarding program, individual coaching sessions, and deep technical training.
If you're looking for your next opportunity in your career and want to work for a growing tech company, then apply now!