As a Data Engineer at MFI, you will play a crucial role in leveraging data to drive product discovery, development, and strategy. You will be responsible for identifying and answering key questions, generating actionable insights, and ensuring data-informed decision making. Working in a fully remote team of over 50 individuals, you will collaborate with product management and engineering teams to align tracking requirements and forecast the impact of potential new features. Effective communication and the ability to translate business requirements into actionable metrics and analyses will be essential to your success.ABOUT US
Maharishi Foundation International (MFI)
is a US-registered non-profit that supports the development of new technologies and outreach opportunities for the worldwide Transcendental Meditation® (TM®) organisations. Over the past 60 years, more than 10 million people worldwide have learned the TM technique through personal instruction by tens of thousands of certified teachers. MFI is a growing, fully remote team of over 50 people, located around the globe but mainly in North America and Europe. As an organisation we are committed to leveraging modern technology and progressive management practices to make the TM technique and its related programmes more available to people everywhere. We favor a healthy and balanced work environment with opportunities for personal development.
As the ideal candidate for the Data Engineer role at Maharishi Foundation International, you possess a unique set of skills and qualities that make you a valuable addition to our team. Here's what we're looking for:
- Data Enthusiast: You have a genuine love for working with data, and you find joy in uncovering valuable insights and patterns. You have a keen eye for detail and are dedicated to ensuring data accuracy and integrity.
- Customer-Focused Mindset: You are passionate about helping our product teams provide exceptional value to our customers. You understand that data-driven insights play a crucial role in delivering the best user experience and are motivated by contributing to customer satisfaction and success.
- Collaborative Team Player: You thrive in a collaborative environment and enjoy working closely with cross-functional teams. You understand that great results come from the collective efforts of talented individuals working together towards a common goal. Your collaborative nature enables you to effectively partner with product management, engineering, and marketing teams.
- Analytical Thinker: You possess strong analytical thinking skills, allowing you to dissect complex problems and provide data-driven solutions. You enjoy diving deep into data, performing statistical analyses, and employing critical thinking to extract meaningful insights.
- Adaptability: You are comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You can quickly adapt to new technologies, tools, and methodologies to ensure efficient and effective data engineering practices. Your agility allows you to handle multiple tasks and priorities without compromising quality.
- Passion for Continuous Learning: You have a growth mindset and a genuine curiosity to stay updated with the latest advancements in data engineering. You actively seek opportunities to expand your knowledge and skills, whether it's learning new programming languages, exploring emerging technologies, or staying abreast of industry trends.
- Mission Alignment: You resonate with the mission of Maharishi Foundation International and are motivated to contribute to its achievement. You understand the transformative power of Transcendental Meditation® and are excited to be part of an organization that leverages data and technology to make it more accessible to people worldwide.
If you embody these qualities and are ready to join a diverse and collaborative team dedicated to leveraging data for positive change, we encourage you to apply for the Data Engineer role at Maharishi Foundation International. Together, we can make a difference in the lives of millions by harnessing the power of data and technology.
- Utilize data to identify, prioritize, and answer questions critical to the product discovery and development process.
- Conduct exploratory data analyses to generate actionable insights that shape our product strategy.
- Define, implement, and monitor key metrics in dashboards to ensure data-informed decision making.
- Support the planning process by forecasting the impact of potential new features.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering teams to align tracking requirements.
- Effectively communicate relevant insights to motivate the product team.
- Build and maintain AWS ETL data pipelines with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Connect to APIs and services to gather and integrate data effectively.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of different databases and data schema architecture in larger environments.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years of experience in a data analytics role.
- Strong proficiency in SQL.
- 3+ years of experience with at least one statistical programming language (R or Python are a plus).
- Strong analytical thinking and product management knowledge.
- Experience with A/B testing and its statistical foundations.
- Strong knowledge of descriptive statistics and intermediate knowledge of inferential statistics.
- 3+ years of work experience in a digital product company.
- Experience working in a global non-profit, working with a remote team or in a multinational organization preferred
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Proficiency in data visualization tools such as Quicksight, Looker Studio, Tableau, Power BI, or similar platforms.
- Understanding of marketing concepts, consumer behavior, and customer journey mapping.
- Experience with digital marketing platforms (e.g., Google Ads, Facebook Ads, email marketing tools) and analytics.
- Familiarity with marketing automation tools and workflows.
If you are passionate about this work but do not have all of the skills listed we are still interested in speaking with you and encourage you to apply!
PAY AND BENEFITS
Our pay levels are set according to a formula that combines above-median market rate data for the role (we pay 55th percentile of New York market rate for this role, based on Payscale
data) adjusted for your local cost of living based on Numbeo
We take the issue of equitable pay very seriously, and we apply our pay formula to all workers who work 80% or more of full time hours with us.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We care about diversity - we strive to ensure all of our team feel included and can bring their whole selves to work but we also know that this work is never ‘done’ or complete, and that we can always improve.
Our team is fully remote, living and working across 20 countries across the world, and we’d love to hear how you can add to our special culture at MFI.