Remote Junior Web Developer
About the role
This role sits in InDebted’s Marketing team, reporting into our Marketing Operations Lead. You’ll be working collaboratively to build a high performing website by applying best practices in delivering code of the very highest standard, fully tested and debugged.
- You’ll take full accountability for web development for our custom-built website built with Hugo Framework
- An eye for design - you don’t need to be a designer, but we need you to sweat the small stuff and work in strong collaboration with the team, taking into consideration best practices in UX and UI
- Setting up integrations and tracking with third-party advertising and other platforms when needed
- Debug errors, troubleshoot issues, and perform routine performance and security optimisation
- Managing and reporting on tasks using Trello
- Continuously experimenting and carrying out A/B tests to improve user experience.
- Strong experience with static site generations, particularly Hugo
- Proficiency in Markdown and Go templating language
- Proficiency in using Git as version control
- Demonstrable experience in deploying static sites using services like Netlify
- Experience building on Content Management Systems (we use CloudCannon)
- Knowledge of SEO best practices (meta data, sitemaps, hreflang/canonical tags)
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, maintainable, and scalable code
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work both in a team and independently
- Keen attention to detail and commitment to meeting deadlines
Nice to have:
- Hands on UX, UI design and Figma experience would be very beneficial
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about quality code, and ready to hit the ground running!
- Work wherever - We’re a global team working in flexible locations - choose to work from home, in a co-working space, or a bit of both
- Employee equity - Access to share options in something big
- Flexible paid leave - We offer a trust-based leave model - choose when you take leave, how much you take, and what you take it for
- Uprise - Our EAP Provider supports your physical, social & psychological wellbeing
- Remote work set-up - Once-off budget of $AUD 750 or local equivalent to help you create a working environment that supports your success and productivity.
We respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to build better products and a better overall company. InDebted is an Equal Opportunity Employer.