Who We Are
Float is the world’s leading software for teams to plan their time. Launched in 2012, we’ve grown every year since, and remain proudly independent, self-funded and profitable. We’re a team of 46 working 100% remotely and you’ll be partnering with team members based globally including Australia, Mexico, Nigeria, Canada, and the USA. Hear what our team has to say by browsing our blog
, or reading our Glassdoor reviews
. Check out what our customers think of Float from our G2 reviews
We’re on a scale up journey, and we’re seeking people who thrive in this stage, given the autonomy, and the opportunity, to do the best work of their career.
Why We’re Hiring For This Role
At Float, we’re voted #1 most popular tool for resource management software on G2. Over 4,500+ of the world’s top teams choose Float to plan their project resources and team’s time.
Mid-market teams (101 to 1,000 people) are our fastest-growing customer segment, and we’re the leading solution to serve their resource planning needs. We’re fortunate to have a product that our customers love, find easy and intuitive to use, and we’re receiving hundreds of qualified inbound leads per region each month that need help making their purchasing decision.
To better support this segment, we’ve established a sales-assist team of two that supports our product-led growth with inbound leads and helps convert our users in a trial into paying customers. We’ve supported some notable names of people planners including teams like Atlassian, Edisen, and Stripe. With the relationships we’ve built with our customers, we’ve also influenced the direction of where we’re building Float and recently released key features our customers have been asking for like in-app Timer and custom Views shared across teams, with more exciting things on the horizon.
We’re looking for someone who is excited not only by closing more customers but also to use the latest tooling and data insights to continuously improve and deliver outsized sales performance over time. This role will report to our Director of Customer Success, Alison, and you’ll be working alongside another Account Executive covering the EMEA region as you focus on the Americas and APAC regions. The region is large and plentiful, with a lot of room to experiment on top of our existing sales processes and strategies. You have a history of not just meeting monthly targets, but finding new opportunities to optimize the sales process that can be scaled across the team.
Our Director of Customer Success, Alison, explains the important role you will play within our Customer Success team. Watch this video.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
You’ll be responsible for managing about 100 inbound leads per month in the Americas and APAC regions, and helping them understand why Float is the tool for people planners. While our category is not new, we’re starting to see more teams have a dedicated Resource Manager and most are just starting the journey to move from spreadsheets. It’s our job to help them understand how we can help save their time, discover ways to be more efficient in how they allocate time, and provide more transparency on how work is done.
The end-to-end sales journey starts from when a lead starts a trial and sales engagement begins with targeted messaging to help them get the most out of their trial. Through discovery processes to better understand the customer needs, product education and training during the trial period, and positioning and comparing Float against spreadsheets or competitors, we help lead along their decision making process until they purchase a plan and they are handed off to the onboarding team.
Early on your focus will be:
- Understanding the Float product deeply and becoming comfortable running product demos for different skill levels.
- Getting to know our ideal customer profile, their needs, and use cases.
- Learning from the best past examples of how we do sales-assist at Float..
Once you’re established in your role, you’ll:
- Build your own sales pipeline and consistently meet monthly targets.
- Define our messaging and campaign strategies to target specific roles and industries.
- Review sales calls, and apply insights from Going to reduce risk, and optimize for higher conversions.
- Share product feedback and contribute to the voice of the customer feedback to help improve our product for existing customers and the market.
- Work with Marketing to establish sales enablement content to help our leads understand the value of Float sooner.
- Find opportunities to shorten and simplify the sales cycle.
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
We want you to love your work and believe that these skills will allow you to succeed in the role.
Applying these skills requires:
- Established experience in a quota-carrying Sales role within the B2B SaaS industry with SMB to Midmarket customers.
- Experience supporting both inbound leads and prospecting sales calls, then diligently following up and closing deals.
- Confident in conducting virtual meetings with prospects and customers.
- Familiar with Gong, and the opportunities to apply data to improving the sales process
- Comfortable using a CRM like Hubspot or Salesforce (we use Hubspot)
- Creative and driven mindset ready to scale our sales processes.
As a fully remote team, we’re looking for someone comfortable with asynchronous communication as the default, which means you have previous remote experience and are comfortable using tools like Slack, Loom, and Linear to communicate as needed. Don’t worry—you will have significant deep work time since we have very few meetings
Why Join Us
The base pay for this role is US $80,000 (Level 3) and total on target earnings with variable pay is $115,000. Here’s a blog post
with more information on how we determine our salaries.
We’re a global async remote company
with a diverse team of people from all over the world who share a common belief in living our best work life
. We believe deeply in the idea of transparency and share our Float Handbook
publicly so potential new team members can see first hand our perks & benefits
as well as our ways of working
. If you feel like you can thrive at Float to do your best work, we would love to hear from you.
Note: Industry research shows that women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups generally don’t apply to jobs unless they check all the boxes for the role. If you feel strongly that you have what it takes for this role but don’t check 100% of the boxes—that’s okay—we encourage you to apply anyway and highlight what you can bring to the table.
Hiring Process For This Role
You’ll find a lot of useful information about our interview process and what it’s like to join our global team on the Float careers page
. The hiring process for this role looks like this:
- Initial First Meet: If your application is shortlisted, you will have a 15-minute meeting with our Talent team member. This meeting gives us an opportunity to learn more about your experience and also allows you to ask any questions you have about the role.
- Manager Interview: We take a very collaborative approach to hiring, so you’ll meet with Alison, Director of Customer Success at Float, for a 45-minute interview to dive into details about your past experience.
- Co-Worker Interview: You’ll meet with a member of our Customer Support team, for a 30-minute interview that will deep dive into your related skills and ways of working.
- Founder Interview: As the final step in the process, you’ll meet with Glenn, Float’s CEO, for a 30-minute interview.
Our hiring process takes an average of 24 days from the first interview to a job offer (based on YTD 2023 data). Romina or Linda from our Talent team will be in touch each step of the way to ensure that you are well informed and aware of the next step in the process.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we can only contact candidates who have been shortlisted for the role. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of submitting your application, we encourage you to apply for another role in the future.