Remote Senior Backend Engineer (Data Pipelines / ETL)
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (Data Pipelines / ETL) to join our growing team of technologists. In this position, you will work in a multidisciplinary team to understand, design and transform disparate data sources into ERP and warehousing systems.
Day to day, you’ll work within a fast-moving delivery squad comprising product management, engineering and QA who work towards delivering and optimizing features that drive core business value to our clients.
is a product-centric, technology consultancy for both VC funded start-ups and large, established companies across the US and Europe. We’re also a product incubator with our own applications and B2B SaaS platform. As long-term partners to our clients, we’ve played a critical role in their growth - both through the products we co-create and the expertise and processes we bring. Proudly remote first since 2013, we’re a close-knit team of 75, working in fast-moving, cross-functional agile pods to solve interesting technical challenges and drive real business impact.
In this role you will:
- Analyze, design and build data pipelines for missing data from known sources to a data lake / data warehouse (AWS products)
- Transform data into common data models / tables of known structure at both detailed and aggregated levels
- Extract and upload data to an ERP (Netsuite) via custom REST endpoints
- Create logging and sanity checks to adhere to data validation requirements
The primary technologies you will use include Python, DBT, Meltano, Airflow, and Spark.
- Competitive salaries, with payment in USD
- Annual Performance & Salary Reviews, with proactive career management
- 20 Days PTO & 3 Charity Days annually
- Funded face-to-face meet ups in Barcelona, as well as, South America and Asia
- Assisted Relocation package
- Flexible working hours for efficient teaming in a 100% remote environment (proudly remote-first for 10 years!)
- Free English classes & educational expenses support
- Generous Employee Referral Plan
- Team Fitness and Charity Initiatives
In addition to the above benefits, we foster an inclusive working environment that provides:
- Great company environment - check out Glassdoor
- Personalized onboardings
- Opportunity to contribute to company-level initiatives
- Work with a broad range of best-in-class technologies
- Cross-company knowledge groups - improve your expertise, share your learnings and work with different technologies and tools
- Regular brown bag learning sessions
- An emphasis on Work-life balance
This is the right position for you if want
- The challenge of collaborating with business stakeholders and Product Managers to design and advocate for technology solutions while bearing in mind the tradeoffs for business results
- The responsibility of designing new processes, and being confident to justify your technology decisions. (Plus debating and recognizing when a colleague has an even better idea!)
- The opportunity to go outside your core expertise and strengthen skills with other technologies and learn more
- An environment where excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) are valued and honed.
- A culture where people from different backgrounds interact, collaborate and reach a shared goal
The “check the box” Requirements
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, with additional software engineering experience as an advantage
- Expertise working with SQL to extract, transform, and load data
- Demonstrated hands-on experience across Python, DBT, Meltano, Airflow, Spark, Redshift, PostgreSQL (or similar)
- Experience with JS/Node is an advantage
- Advanced English level, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience contributing to technical decision-making within a team
- Can work full-time with a significant overlap with both CET and PST working hours.
- Live outside of the US. Please, no recruitment agencies.
Interested in applying?
- Apply by completing the form - and we’ll get back to you.