Remote Senior Dev/Ops Engineer
Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
We are seeking a skilled Dev/Ops Engineer to join our Engineering group at Big Cartel. As a Dev/Ops Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the reliability, scalability, and security of our infrastructure. You will work closely with our development team to deploy and maintain our applications and services.
The ideal candidate will have experience with cloud-based infrastructure, automation tools, and monitoring systems. You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Deploy and maintain applications and services
- Ensure the reliability, scalability, and security of our infrastructure
- Collaborate with the development team to improve deployment processes
- Automate infrastructure tasks using tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- Monitor system performance and troubleshoot issues
If you are passionate about infrastructure and have a desire to work in a dynamic and challenging environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Candidates must be USA based at this time. Responsibilities
Note: We’d still love to hear from you even if some of the below attributes don’t describe you, so long as you’re excited about Big Cartel and eager to contribute.
- Wants to build tools that make an impact on the lives of artists and creators
- Can work alone or as part of a small team to build and launch ambitious projects
- Has knowledge and experience automating systems with Ansible and Chef
- Experience with operating high throughput Rails applications
- Extensive knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Built Docker images for production use cases
- Setup and operated Kubernetes clusters and authoring of Helm charts
- Installation and configuration of monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Nagios
- Understanding of web metrics and tracking down performance issues