Account Manager / Sales Manager
You would become our first Account Manager and you will gradually take over most of the sales from the CEO.
We are looking for a people person who builds and maintains relationships with our leads over the long sales cycle.
On the other hand, you are diligent in following up frequently and keeping the status of leads and the meeting notes up to date in the CRM. You are eager to learn how our product works so you can eventually take over most of the consultative sales process from the CEO.
You will be gradually introduced into the role you can learn about the product from the CEO. Initially, this will be tasks like follow-ups, note-taking and CRM administration, but soon you will find yourself do (at least) the first calls by yourself.
You the kind of person who has set up sales processes before and is always looking to improve the process.
What You Will Do
- Utilize a consultative sales approach throughout the sales cycle to understand prospect’s’ business pains and their perception of potential solutions
- Serve as the primary contact for our leads.
- Answer phone calls and emails of potential customers
- Develop and manage relationships. Manage multiple relationships at once and create truly happy customers.
- Systematically follow-up on all qualified opportunities and document your interactions
- Keep the CRM correct and up to date.
- Evangelize the product: Learn the product inside and out and evangelize it in the small business world.
- Initiate calls to set appointments for yourself or the CEO (no cold calling)
- Engage company resources as needed to effectively close business
- You are able to work at least during London business hours (8:30-17:30) or (most of) New York business hours during (at least 4) working days and answer incoming phone calls and emails during that time period.
- 4+ years of successful sales experience.
- B2B IT hardware or software sales experience is a hard requirement.
- You have a history of doing well in sales and are curious by nature. Startup sales is more intense than a normal job — but more rewarding as you are becoming a trusted advisor to business owners.
- You are self-motivated and can hit the ground running in prospecting, meeting, managing, and ultimately selling to clients.
- You love selling. You have previous sales experience or have worked with and understand businesses and understanding people’s business needs.
- You love to develop and foster relationships and enjoy interpersonal interactions.
- You can communicate clearly and concisely, especially when it comes to complicated topics. You can break it down into simple terms people can understand.
- You’re an over-achiever. You never quit, never take no for an answer, and ultimately succeed in everything you do!
- You can come up with creative solutions to any problems you face.
- You feel at home in CRM's and use them to support and improve the sales process
- Good understanding of IT hardware and networks (i.e. wifi/firewalls/routers/IP networking/VLAN/REST/API's)