Help us make work a better place! We provide 750 companies worldwide with a feedback platform so their employees can learn from each other and grow professionally. SoundCloud, Zapier, Strava, Duolingo and many more use our SAAS solution company-wide — from the intern to the CEO.
We're looking for a friendly and proactive customer support representative who is keen to work full-time remotely. You’ll cover the US eastern time zones, thus linking our Berlin-based development HQ and our US based Customer team
. You’ll answer tough questions from our clients’ administrators, provide feedback on customer experience to the development team, and help us make our clients successful.
Who we are
We’re a company of 35 people in Berlin and the US
. Our product is a performance feedback platform rolled out company-wide from the intern to the CEO. Our clients’ staff use it to give and receive feedback about their work, to set goals and objectives, organize one-on-one meetings, and to praise each other for a job well done.
What you'll do
The customer support role is mainly about helping clients when they run into questions or bugs with the product, but there are also aspects of customer success, sales, marketing and account management. It’s a perfect fit for a well-rounded person that likes workplace flexibility and variety.
To provide support coverage, you’ll need to be located in the CST or EST time zones.
Key tasks will be:
- Timely responses to the online support tickets filed by our clients. We respond to all customers within 24 hours, with a typical response time within 1 hour from when the customer emails.
- We primarily use email, but we jump on the phone and host screen sharing sessions on demand. Talking with our customers on the phone is a core part of this role. It won't be daily, but you'll be asked to provide coverage for customer success and sales by helping customers and prospects with tool functionality over the phone. You'll be trained on demonstrating the product as we also sometimes represent our company at industry conferences.
- Working very closely with our sales, marketing and customer success team to develop key accounts and help customers succeed long term. As an example this could include working on cross-team projects like marketing promotions or webinars.
- Collecting product feedback, as well as engaging in feature discussions. It’s important to us to improve the product based on the common questions we get from clients, and support is core to this mission.
- Updating our customer facing documentation. Support’s ownership of our help guides is key to helping customers learn our tool, and you’ll work closely with marketing on those efforts.
- Troubleshooting bugs and working closely with developers to manage a reported bug from start to finish. You use system logs, test and replicate reported bugs in your test environment, as well as work closely with engineers to update or troubleshoot with customers and track system issues on Github.
Who we're looking for
1+ years of experience supporting B2B SaaS software: our product is a web-based SaaS solution, so experience in customer support with comparable online products is a must.
Familiar with online support tool sets: you should be familiar with online support software like Helpscout, CRMs like Hubspot, and tools like Trello or Github.
You write well: most communication does happen in writing, so it’s important that you get your message across with clarity and ease to a diverse international audience. We also rely on Slack to communicate across the organization, so an ability to communicate effectively over text is essential.
You aren’t afraid to jump on the phone: although we primarily use email, you should also be comfortable helping customers over the phone while delivering a professional and engaging phone presence for our customers.
Experience with remote work: there are many advantages to working from home: no commute, flexible location. Our satellite workers are of the self-driven, comfortably autonomous variety though. So if you are naturally a self-starter with excellent time management skills, work with a low level of direction, and remain very proactive about keeping everyone in the loop - you'll fit right in.
Technical plus charming: you need to be tech-savvy and a fast learner, as our product is complex and contains some very technical aspects. It’s not uncommon to troubleshoot a customer issue using system logs or work with APIs.
You pay attention to detail: our product is very broad and deep, and customer inquiries can be quite tricky. You need to be able to pick up small details in support tickets, and also read between the lines. High attention to detail is core to this position and an essential daily skill to remain successful.
Willingness to go the extra mile: it’s not about answering tickets as quickly as possible. It’s about answering questions as successfully as possible and spending extra effort to point out even better solutions. Our customers can reach out with tough questions or bugs, so it’s important to think like the customer and propose helpful solutions and workarounds.
You have an entrepreneurial and growth mindset: you are curious and motivated to learn more about our product, industry, and your own growth on a continuous basis. You have a high-energy approach to work, an eagerness to learn, and raise opportunities for improvement with your manager, team, or the entire company.
Ideally, you have a strong interest in HR and the future of work (and previous experience in the space). Our customers include some of the most innovative and forward thinking people and culture leaders around the world, and this is definitely a plus for someone to be successful in this role.
More reasons to work at SI:
- We’re international: We’re based in Berlin and sell mainly to the US, Australia and the UK. Our staff of 35 hails from 16 countries (all our written communication is in English)
- We're self-funded — our only 'investors' are our amazing customers who have helped us grow our customer base largely through word of mouth.
- We invest in our people. You’ll get a learning & development budge and days off for attending conferences
- We’re serious about our open and tolerant company culture, and we believe diversity makes our culture and our product better.
- We frequently ship new features and focus on quality product rather than on aggressive sales. Also, there are very few regular meetings, and processes are kept to a bare minimum. Need to improve some process? Just do it!
- You’re invited to visit our Berlin head office for three weeks once a year and we cover the costs. Take an office tour.
- We want to do well by doing good, so we turn down dodgy clients and donate 2% of our profits to charity.
- And we love to travel! Take a look at our last company trip.