We're passionate about guiding customers to success using Buffer’s products as well as helping them hit their social media goals. We’re looking for a new member to join our Advocacy team and help our customers get the most out of the entire Buffer platform (Buffer Publish, Buffer Reply, and Buffer Analyze). For this role, we can ONLY consider folks who currently live in the timezone range of GMT+11 to GMT+13
. Sorry, but we CANNOT
consider folks outside this timezone range, even those willing to work off hours or from another location. If you do not live in this range but are still interested in being a Customer Advocate, we encourage you to check back at a later date for future roles.
Join the Customer Advocacy Team
For this role, we’re looking for a self-starter who’soutspoken, opinionated, and energized by the opportunity to take initiative and ensure our customers succeed at using Buffer. The right path to helping our customers isn’t always laid out clearly, so a strong ability to think on your feet is key.
We’re passionate about improving Buffer through feedback from customers and collaborating with engineers and designers to build solutions that generate the most impact. As Buffer is evolving into a multi-product platform, you can expect to demonstrate your expertise by directing customer interaction across each of our products, and exploring what it means to help them succeed at their business goals.
The Customer Advocacy team is 22 people strong, with team members spread out across Asia, Europe and North America! We stay in close contact with each other over Slack, Dropbox Paper, Zoom, and through a yearly in-person work retreat somewhere around the globe.
Buffer is an equal opportunity employer with teammates all around the world. We are actively working to create an inclusive environment and value diverse and non-traditional backgrounds. We’re united by Buffer’s values
, and we celebrate our unique differences.
What You'll be Doing:
- Delighting customers creatively over email, live-chat, and social media support.
- Driving customer success with Buffer products and helping customers achieve their goals.
- Working closely with our Quality Assurance team to escalate bugs and customer feedback.
- Collaborating with your team daily over asynchronous channels like email and Slack, and weekly over live video syncs.
- Growing as a technical support professional as you learn the ins and outs of the Buffer platform.
- Upholding our Buffer values and the principals of our code of conduct.
Helpful Skills and Experience
- Prior Customer Support and/or Customer Success experience.
- Strong verbal and written English communication.
- Ability to organize, break down, and clearly articulate complex thoughts, ideas, and instructions in written form.
- Strong ability to take initiative and confidently direct customer interactions.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and get satisfaction from helping others.
- Ability to remain empathetic, even in difficult situations, and guide customers to efficient solutions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a self-directed way.
- Love of a fast-moving environment.
- Live and work in the timezone range of GMT+11 to GMT+13.
What We Value
Clear communication, transparency
, open-mindedness, empathy and patience are just a few of Buffer's cultural values
. We are looking for a person who understands this culture and will thrive within a team of people passionate about self-improvement, honesty and openness. Here's a guide
on how we strive to communicate with customers.
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by the possibilities that come with working at Buffer! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits.
💻 Technology: Get hooked up with a laptop to do your best work.
🎼 Learning & development stipend: To encourage our teammates to be their best selves, we offer a small stipend for any course or training they'd like to do.
🤒 Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members, international or US based.
💰 Salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. For this role, the range is $46K - $77K USD per year.
🏝 Work remotely: Currently looking for folks living in APAC timezones.
📈 Profit sharing: Joining Buffer means you get to be part of the company's success.
⛺️ Unlimited time off: Our only policy is that you give yourself a break regularly.
✈️ Retreats: Join us on annual international company retreats! Our last retreat was in Singapore.
📚 Free books (and Kindle): All you can read, no questions asked.
🍼 Family leave: If your family grows during your time at Buffer, we recommend taking 3 months of family leave, regardless of when you joined.
Where You'll Work
Buffer is a fully distributed team, which means that we’re spread across the planet. We have Bufferoos in 18 countries, 11 timezones and 45 cities around the world to build a great culture and product. You'll work where you're happiest and most productive, in the place that helps you to become the person you wish to be.