Senior Software Engineer (PHP)
Note: Although this is a remote position, we are only seeking candidates in European timezones between UTC-1 and UTC+3 to facilitate overlap of working hours.
At PSP Media we develop cloud-based software solutions for the sports industry, enabling clubs and associations to bring their coaching education and administration online. We are soon launching training.app, our B2C platform for sports coaches of all levels anywhere in the world, helping them to improve their coaching by giving them access to high-quality coaching content across all their devices.
As a Backend Engineer you not only maintain our different Laravel applications but also implement new features and build new services/applications from the ground up.
What you will do:
- Work on high-scalable products with PHP7 hosted on a cloud-based infrastructure
- Build and provide internal & external RESTful APIs that ensure a fast & frictionless updating of our products
- Constantly challenge and expand your knowledge of reliable software architecture, programming and new technologies
- Work with agile processes that are adapted to the team’s and project’s needs
What technologies you'll be using:
- PHP7 with Laravel
- Go, Python, Node.js
- MySQL, DynamoDB
- Kubernetes, Docker
- AWS (EKS, EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, Lambda, CloudWatch, S3, ElastiCache etc)
- Microservices with synchronous and asynchronous communication
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €40,000 to €50,000 annually. The actual compensation offered will be based on relative experience and skills, location and employment type. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta. All other team members will join as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with PHP
- 2+ year of professional experience with Laravel
- Solid technical understanding of RESTful API’s
- A strong portfolio of projects in which you have taken part
- Spoken and written English skills on Upper-Intermediate level or higher
- Knowledge of Unit Testing
- OOP skills and knowledge of design patterns
- Knowledge of Microservice architecture
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (or similar)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes, CI/CD
- Test-driven development
- Domain-driven design