WordPress Community Manager
I bet you don’t want to be the person who always complains about work to friends and family, do you? Bet you’d much rather have something to brag about instead and do something that has real impact on the community and possibly on hundreds of thousands of people around the world. This is the kind of job we want you for!
We’re the team behind ThemeIsle
and we're looking for a WP Community Manager. We’re looking for a self driven individual, capable of running their own projects and finding solutions to users’ problems. You will work on new ways to engage the digital community and you will act as the advocate of our brands.
Remote work from the other side of the globe is great. But if you’re in Bucharest and willing to work with us at the office, it’s more fun for you!
- The community manager will post as themselves and work on developing the community by participating in discussions, finding new customers and listening to the current ones.
- Managing our social media channels - from content strategy to tweeting and from running giveaways to approving new members in our groups
- Actively engaging on various networks where our users are talking about our products
- Responding to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
- Participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Using social media for customer discovery; looking for market insights and picking up trends
- Monitoring the social activity and reporting progress each month
- Build relationships with customers, industry and media professionals
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends
- Having in-depth experience with WordPress is a must. Also PHP, CSS, and HTML would help
- Feeling comfortable with online communities. The person having this role should be at ease with personal interaction online. You will be using your name and your personal social media profiles when interacting.
- Previous experience with social media marketing (copywriting, content creation, community management)
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Creativity, initiative, passion
- A genuine drive to help people
- Working independently, prioritizing, and being organized
- Being active on major social networks (Twitter, Fb, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube)
- Experience in a technical Support department
- Enjoying being on camera, doing live streaming
- Design skills, Photoshop would help
You don’t need to have years of experience but you’ll need to be willing to learn things quickly and be able to experiment with technologies that are new to you.
- Be part of a diverse team - we’re 25 people spread across three continents
- Flexible time, no overtime
- Expand your skills and learn while doing
- Attending yearly WordCamp Europe with the rest of the team
We want you to be independent and pursue your personal goals, as long as you get your primary job done. You’ll get to work with a team of WordPress enthusiasts, developers, designers, and even bloggers and writers. You’ll be given a lot of freedom and you’ll have a real impact on our biggest projects. But as you know … with great power comes great responsibility.
You can find our main projects on VertiStudio.com
and track down our social media communities form there. Hope to meet you soon!