VP of Customer Success
At Sweet, we’re building a modern phone service. We take on big problems in a complicated industry to make staying connected a bit more affordable for everyone.
Sweet is partnered with the nation’s largest networks and has raised more than $7M in venture capital funding from investors like 8VC, Rise of the Rest, and Betaworks. We’re a distributed team of modern technologists that came from top consumer web companies like WordPress, Facebook, and Mailchimp.
About The Role:
As the company begins to grow, we’re looking for an experienced customer success leader to join as the VP of Customer Success. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to build our support organization from the ground up at an app-driven company. You have deep experience in consumer internet and app companies, and have built an incredible team and automated support experience before.
We’ll provide the flexibility and resources you need to revolutionize customer success in the mobile industry with the power of mobile itself. Together we’ll help millions of people stay connected for less.
- Work in partnership with the COO and CTO to build and execute an automation first customer support strategy that makes it easy for anyone to save with Sweet
- Effectively manage customer service costs to control cost-per-interaction while still maintaining an exceptional customer experience
- Strategically plan organizational growth based on coverage needs to best serve our customers
- Recruit, interview, hire, and build our CS organization from 1 to 8 employees in the first year, and 20+ in the second
- Design and conduct our Customer Success Rep onboarding and training procedures
- Coach, mentor, and supervise the Customer Success Team
- Work with our Engineers to design a reporting and performance evaluation system
- Most importantly: help our users get sweet deals
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years’ experience in customer success for consumer internet and mobile app products
- 3+ years’ management experience
- 2+ years’ experience being responsible for a business line, P&L, or otherwise managing a team with revenue goals
- User focused: have a track record of developing feedback loops between users and a Product Team to improve user experience and business metrics
- Extensive experience with best practices in general management functions (hiring, performance reviews, one-on-one’s, etc.)
- Data driven: extremely comfortable in data analysis and evaluation of performance metrics, you understand the value of a metrics focused strategy
- Well-versed in building a streamlined and effective support organization
- Worked and thrived in a remote team environment
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Successfully sourced and recruited potential team members
- Been a part of and/or lead strategic departmental planning
- Managed complex projects with numerous stakeholders and contributors
- Remote Team with quarterly meetups
- Benefits like Medical, 401(k), and Unlimited PTO
- Reimbursements for select office supplies, like monitors
If this role feels right for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the description or qualifications.