We're Hiring a Video Product Marketer
Imagine the high you would feel if each video you published got thousands of views instantly. Within minutes, comments are streaming in to compliment you, thank you and tell you how amazingly helpful your content is. On top of that, the video then gets shared hundreds of times...That’s the dopamine rush you’d get as Video Product Marketer for Thrive Themes!
Do you know that feeling of wanting MORE? Such as:
- Being part of a team of amazing marketers to brainstorm video content ideas with so you don’t have to struggle or lie awake at night thinking about what your next topic will be
- Having access to a professional video editor who can help you with any and all video edits you need so you can make outstanding content and maximize your time filming on camera
- Publishing your content to a super-engaged audience of tens of thousands that will send you love and thank you notes
- Producing videos you’re actually proud of rather than feeling like an Energizer bunny cranking out shitty, low-quality videos about topics you don’t care about.
- Seeing how your videos are getting used in an overall marketing strategy rather than disappearing into the void of disposable internet and YouTube content.
- Becoming the rockstar video marketer you know you already are, faster. You’ll get coaching, feedback, training and more to help you improve your skills.
If so, you might just be the video product marketer we're looking for!
We’re looking for a full-time video product marketer
who can create amazingly educational and entertaining product content for our audience. Your main focus will be making amazing videos showcasing the power of the Thrive Themes products.You’ll be creating promotional videos like this one
that are getting shared like hotcakes. Or creating in-depth feature videos like this one
and this one
that blows minds and educates people about all the different Thrive Themes products.
But that’s just the beginning.
As our video product marketer, you’re always keeping an eye open for new opportunities and content creation ideas that will resonate with our audience and help the company grow. This can include things like:
- Creating videos for new feature releases.
- Making compelling videos educating customers about all our products.
- Crafting videos about how Thrive Themes can be used with other plugins.
- Showing off why we are the best conversion focused plugin suite on the market!
- And much more...
Here's what’s in it for you:
- You’re paid doing what you really love: filming useful, well-thought-out and helpful content. You’ll be making amazing videos that you’re actually proud of and that will show off your video and marketing skills. (No boring cookie-cutter stuff here!)
- You’ll become a badass video product marketer. We believe in personal growth. You’ll get feedback, coaching, and access to books and training to improve your video making skills. You’ll be part of an amazing team of digital marketing geeks in a fast-growing company.
- You’ll get the opportunity to be trained directly by the CEO and Co-Founder of Thrive Themes, Shane Melaugh, on the island paradise of Bali, Indonesia for a three-week video marketing intensive. (In early 2020)
- You’ll get a dopamine rush every time you publish as you see streams of likes & comments from our customers pour in
- You can work from home. (Our entire marketing team works remotely.)
- You'll get an opportunity to learn the in's & out's of video marketing first hand.
- We don’t micromanage!
In return, we ask that you:
- Know how to use all the Thrive Products like the back of your hand and explain complicated features in clear and concise ways.
- Are committed to making each one of your videos the best resource available about the feature or product you're explaining that exists online.
- Are video obsessed. You are constantly focused on making your videos useful while keeping them engaging for your viewers.
- Have been doing online video marketing and feel comfortable sharing what you've learned with others. (This doesn’t mean you must have a degree in marketing...most of our team is 100% self-taught.)
- Are familiar with Thrive Themes, our teaching style and our products. Ideally, you already consider yourself a WordPress expert and know Thrive Themes products inside and out.
- Are excited about improving your video-making skills, getting out of your comfort zone and helping us to take our video product marketing to the next level. This means you’re comfortable with getting constructive feedback and realize there's always room for improvement no matter how good you are or how long you’ve been making videos.
- Are reliable and comfortable with deadlines. We know we can count on you to get feature release videos ready on time.
- Are looking forward to being part of a team. As the video product marketer, you will be working closely with the CMO and CEO.
- Have the ability to travel to Bali, Indonesia for a 2-3 week video marketing intensive with the co-founder of Thrive Themes, Shane Melaugh, in early 2020. (All expenses will be covered by Thrive Themes)
- Exhibit perfect spoken English.
- You are utterly obsessed with digital marketing. In your free time, you read articles, listen to podcasts, and dream about being the best digital marketer you can possibly be. (I can not stress this enough. We are only considering candidates who eat, breathe, and sleep digital marketing!)
- You are obsessive about video and are constantly staying up to date on the latest trends surrounding WordPress, products related to ours, and updates.
- Have a Growth Mindset. This is a 100% must, with zero exceptions.
- You're not afraid of being in front of the camera. (Obviously)
- You understand how YouTube works. Not just technically, but you also have experience and the desire to learn YouTube SEO & marketing.
- Have a proper and consistent place to film. You don't need to have a professional studio, but ideally you have a simple, consistent and quiet filming setup.
- Great knowledge of WordPress (you’ve already built a WordPress website, published posts, installed plugins, etc.)
What a day would look like for you:
At the start of your workday, you connect to our Slack channel. After a short reflection on your weekly and quarterly goals, you decide with the CMO what the highest priority tasks are to get done that day.
Now that you’re focused on what you need to accomplish that day, you start by creating the framework and outline for your next video. A few hours of uninterrupted filming time later, you’re ready to ask for a review on your first takes. Once you get some feedback, it's time to finish the filming and send the files to our in-house video editor. You will leave the video editor detailed instructions on which takes to use, your ideas for how we can best edit the videos, and any other useful info the editor should know.
When you aren't filming, you will constantly be coming up with ideas for new product-related videos. The ideas can come from your experience with our products, looking at the competition, related products, and anything that you feel our customers need to know about Thrive Themes.
And because some of the comments on YouTube and our blog gave you inspiration for a new video, you finish off your day by adding the video idea into our idea backlog, ready to get started on when it fits into the video publishing calendar.As you can see, working as a video product marketer for Thrive Themes gives you the perfect blend between autonomy and team support.
Still feel we could be a good fit? Here’s how to apply:
Send an email to colin[at]thrivethemes.com with the subject line “I’m a kick-ass video product marketer” and start your email with 'Hi Colin,' then simply add 3 links to videos you made and are proud of. (If you've never made videos before, then this role is NOT for you. We are looking for someone who has experience creating high-quality marketing videos.)
In addition to the three links, please include a 1-3 minute video telling me why you should be Thrive Themes' video product marketer. Film this short video as if you were going to publish it on the Thrive Themes YouTube channel. This is your chance to show off so make it count! (NOTE: This video should be uploaded to YouTube as an unlisted YouTube video. Include the link below the three sample video links as the fourth link.)