Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Not open to outside recruiting firms. Applicants please apply here. Please do not send resumes directly to any hiring manager.
Interested in working for a team of people completely redefining how fitness and health care work together? At Peerfit, we’re flipping wellness reimbursements on their head by connecting insurers’ and employers’ wellness dollars to popular fitness studios offering CrossFit, yoga, barre, boot camp, cycling, and more. If working with a team of innovative and driven people who are modernizing how people engage with wellness excites you, look no further than Peerfit.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you'll be a key member of our Technology Operations team, helping to ensure the reliability and automation of our cloud infrastructure. Your objectives will include:
- We expect the person filling this role have a demonstrable working knowledge of Kubernetes in a production environment.
- Being regarded as a senior member of our infrastructure team: exhibiting empathy, ownership, collaboration, and “humble confidence.”
- Sharing knowledge: we expect you to share your skills and knowledge with other technical staff, in order to increase the competency and performance of the team as a whole.
- On-call schedule: we share an on-call rotation that seeks to balance the needs of supporting a production system with the need for technical staff to disconnect from work on reliable schedules.
- Support the implementation of the organization's security and compliance measures.
You will be responsible for managing the infrastructure to support the engineering team with the platforms necessary to drive the business' continued growth. You will help to promote increased ownership of infrastructure development across the engineering team, helping to increase the thoughtfulness of infrastructure concerns in the way we develop applications. You'll collaborate with peers through pairing, code reviews, and team-wide continuous improvement.
- 3-5 years of professional experience managing digital technologies on IaaS.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm.
- Experience with CI/CD Automation tools.
- Experience with MySQL and Postgres.
- Experienced in writing approachable, well-encapsulated code whose intentions are clear to other contributors and well-suited for extension and change.
- 1 or more years working in an on-call environment.
- Ability to travel periodically for bi-annual company all-hands meetings
NICE TO HAVES:
- Hands-on experience with the following:
- Google Kubernetes Engine
- Gitlab CI/CD
- A clear understanding of YAML and JSON
- Strong command of open source tooling including bash, vim, tmux, awk
- General knowledge of software architectural patterns, such as domain-driven design patterns, SOLID principles, the 12-factor app methodology and when they should be applied
Bachelor’s degree in an information/comp-sci program or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
WHO WE NEED: (Intangibles)
- Passionate about health and fitness
- Desires to have a role in the growth of a company
- Stays motivated and knows how to be persistent
- Is self-directed
- Can work remotely and make decisions autonomously at a high level
- Flexibility to handle changing responsibilities
WHAT YOU GET:
- The opportunity to help expand the impact of Peerfit across the United States…and, someday, the world!
- The chance to work in a relaxed, yet goal-driven start-up culture with a passion for fitness
- Peerfit credits to attend fitness classes.
- To work remotely with flexible scheduling
- Health Insurance & other benefits
Peerfit is an Equal Opportunity Employer