Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.®
As an Infrastructure Engineer for the Banno Platform at Jack Henry, you’ll get the chance to make a positive impact on people’s lives. We believe that the world is a better place with community banks and credit unions. To that end we strive to make solutions that empower community financial institutions to make digital banking personal.
You will be involved with our infrastructure team to build, deploy, monitor and scale resources to deliver the Banno Platform. Our Infrastructure Engineers empower development teams to build new services for deployment in a secure and scalable fashion. Emphasizing DevOps and observability, you’ll enable and guide our teams to deploy and monitor their own services.
This is a remote position with the ability to collocate at several JHA locations nationwide if desired. Work hours are flexible, but gravitate towards US business hours. Occasional travel may be required for professional development conferences or company meetings.
Skills and ExpertiseYou may not be able to check off every item, but if you’re the type of person willing to stretch and learn then we’d like to hear from you.
- 1+ years of experience deploying and managing cloud infrastructure.
- 3+ years of experience in production operations, security, infrastructure or related field.
- 6+ years of experience in software development or related field.
- Ability to deploy infrastructure services and applications to compute platforms both public and private.
- Experience with Kubernetes or Docker in production and migrating existing workloads to containers.
- Knowledgeable about automation and orchestration with an Ops-centric approach to everything you build, ensuring availability, performance and security are core components.
- Contribute to the development of a strong, mature, and resilient team by assisting and mentoring less experienced peers.
- Collaborate with Senior and Advisory level engineers to propose strategies, ideas and technologies well suited to the problems at hand.
- Develop relationships with others that encourage a creative, thoughtful and fun work environment.
- You will combine engineering and software development experience and skills to drive best practices, patterns and architectures to maximize the availability, reliability and stability of platforms, processing and delivery of systems.
- Take part in an on-call rotation where you will aid engineering teams in responding to production issues quickly. Use early warning and alerting technologies to aid in the development of self-healing responses to problems.
- Participate in post-mortems focused on identifying contributing causes. Providing actionable solutions to prevent the issue from recurring and increase service reliability.
- Provide technical/engineering support to development teams for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Automate solutions for complex & repetitive problems.
- Create and maintain required technical documentation and architectural decision records. Contribution to departmental standards and processes.