As a Database Administrator for the Banno Platform at Jack Henry, you’ll get the chance to make a positive impact on people’s lives. We believe that the world is a better place with community banks and credit unions. To that end we strive to make solutions that empower community financial institutions to make digital banking personal.
You will ensure that our databases are performant, resilient, and monitored. You will partner with developers and infrastructure engineers across the engineering organization to solve database related issues, both in development and production. You will help developers write efficient queries and review code that interacts with our databases as well as plan and execute major upgrades and maintenance tasks with minimal required downtime.You will participate in workload migration from private data centers to public cloud.
This is a remote position with the ability to collocate at several JHA locations nationwide if desired. Work hours are flexible, but gravitate towards US business hours. Occasional travel may be required for professional development conferences or company meetings.
Skills and ExpertiseYou may not be able to check off every item, but if you’re the type of person willing to stretch and learn then we’d like to hear from you.
- 3+ years relational database management with a focus on PostgreSQL 9.4 and above
- 6+ years of experience in software development or related field.
- Experience designing and maintaining mission-critical relational databases in production operations - specifically PostgreSQL, but familiarity with other datastores and no-sql datastores is a plus.
- Systems engineering experience: including Linux performance, memory management, I/O tuning, configuration, security, networking, clusters and troubleshooting.
- Work closely and cooperatively with engineering, operations, and other stakeholders in the design, implementation and support of database operations.
- Plan and execute data migrations between data centers and cloud providers. To include disaster recovery exercises.
- Contribute to the development of a strong, mature, and resilient team by assisting and mentoring less experienced peers.
- Coordinate database upgrades and migrations with the engineering and management with a focus on minimizing downtime.
- Ensure that the highest levels of security and privacy are in place.
- Be available alongside your peers, off-hours, to support the production environment.
- Build dashboards for database health and alerting.